Is that case a quiet one?

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Decided to go with a good 980 Ti instead of the Titan, since games don't need a Ttian, and I dont wanna spend 1k on a single part. Also went with a 3 TB Barracuda HD, just for a bit extra space and it was only less then 20 bucks more than the 2 TB one. And use the R5 case since it will be quiet. Also didn't need or want a BR player, I don't intend on getting any BR's anyway.

The current i5 Build

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TekNicTerror View Post
    Decided to go with a good 980 Ti instead of the Titan, since games don't need a Ttian, and I dont wanna spend 1k on a single part. Also went with a 3 TB Barracuda HD, just for a bit extra space and it was only less then 20 bucks more than the 2 TB one. And use the R5 case since it will be quiet. Also didn't need or want a BR player, I don't intend on getting any BR's anyway.

The current i5 Build
    Blu-rays may become a new medium standard for PC's eventually. I'm actually quite preturbed that the hardcopy of Tom Clancy's The Division was 4 DVD's and 1 CD, when it would be cheaper to use 1 Blu Ray. Also, you could use your PC as a Bluray player, or eventually when an Emulator for the XBOne or PS4 that has Disc Read support comes out (In the next 15 years) you can then play XBOne and PS4 games from the disc (They are BluRay's)

You're still overpaying for you're Motherboard. The AsRock Z170 Pro4S is much cheaper and has plenty of slots. Windows 10 is just fine for gaming and is much cheaper than a copy of 7. You don't need extra case fans. Ti Hybrid > FTW ACX 2.0+ (If you are going watercooled CPU, might as well go watercooled GPU, cause you can.)

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! PhilFresh718's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The current i5 Build
    980 ti is what I have a I love it. No need to get Titan when the new graphics cards are coming out sometime soon anyway.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    Blu-rays may become a new medium standard for PC's eventually. I'm actually quite preturbed that the hardcopy of Tom Clancy's The Division was 4 DVD's and 1 CD, when it would be cheaper to use 1 Blu Ray. Also, you could use your PC as a Bluray player, or eventually when an Emulator for the XBOne or PS4 that has Disc Read support comes out (In the next 15 years) you can then play XBOne and PS4 games from the disc (They are BluRay's)

You're still overpaying for you're Motherboard. The AsRock Z170 Pro4S is much cheaper and has plenty of slots. Windows 10 is just fine for gaming and is much cheaper than a copy of 7. You don't need extra case fans. Ti Hybrid > FTW ACX 2.0+ (If you are going watercooled CPU, might as well go watercooled GPU, cause you can.)
    Then I'll get a BR player external if I have to, but I have not seen or heard of a game/software for PC coming on BR yet (not like I even buy hardcopies anymore anyway as well); and I doubt they will till PC's come with a BR player (at least a reader one) as the default/standard disc drive option. And I am just using the MB you picked out before from the pcpartpicker build you showed me last. And a hybrid is like over 700, rather just use that one.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Then I'll get a BR player external if I have to, but I have not seen or heard of a game/software for PC coming on BR yet (not like I even buy hardcopies anymore anyway as well); and I doubt they will till PC's come with a BR player (at least a reader one) as the default/standard disc drive option. And I am just using the MB you picked out before from the pcpartpicker build you showed me last. And a hybrid is like over 700, rather just use that one.
    Yea, but the Hybrid can also Overclock much better due to a slightly better binned chip than the FTW ACX 2.0+, and the Hybrid Water/Air cooler.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So any idea when the new vid cards will be out?

I'd like to get a new PC sometime this year, more than likely during a summer sale or just wait for black friday/x-mas sales.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So any idea when the new vid cards will be out?

I'd like to get a new PC sometime this year, more than likely during a summer sale or just wait for black friday/x-mas sales.
    It's up in the air as to when Pascal and Polaris come out. I'd bet late this year, early 2017.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12