welcome to the dark side AOD Member AOD_Sneaky561's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Wtf Computer problem

Ok so I have been having this problem for about a month now. I can't for the life of me figure it out. I got rab coming over tomorrow to look at it but looking for what other ppl think.

I'll start out by saying i have fast Internet. my speed test is 14 ping, 90 dl and 13 ul. My lan driver is up to date and I even tryed rolling it back and reinstalled windows. So my problem is when I launch bf while it's booting up every thing is fine. But as soon as the last boxes load up on the main screen, It starts to lag bad. How I know this is I go back and forth over my friend's list at the top and it lags out. Going into game it will take for ever to load and lag the hell out of me and makes it unplayable. This is not just limited to this game other games do the same. While on surfing the Web there is no lag at all. Also I have my comp and my son's hard wired to the router and his comp is fine with no lag. I have also tryed buying a lan to usb connector to see if it was my lan port.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder! MatchMaker's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Moved.

This is not the Bandu you're looking for. Bandu's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It could be your CPU, or video card giving issues. As soon as you put load on one of them is starting to fail; it is a possibility. With Rab going there tomorrow, I'm sure if that is the issue it can be quickly discovered. Running a benchmark while monitoring them.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am cannon fodder. Cyrihs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sounds like overheating.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_sneaky561 View Post
    Ok so I have been having this problem for about a month now. I can't for the life of me figure it out. I got rab coming over tomorrow to look at it but looking for what other ppl think.

I'll start out by saying i have fast Internet. my speed test is 14 ping, 90 dl and 13 ul. My lan driver is up to date and I even tryed rolling it back and reinstalled windows. So my problem is when I launch bf while it's booting up every thing is fine. But as soon as the last boxes load up on the main screen, It starts to lag bad. How I know this is I go back and forth over my friend's list at the top and it lags out. Going into game it will take for ever to load and lag the hell out of me and makes it unplayable. This is not just limited to this game other games do the same. While on surfing the Web there is no lag at all. Also I have my comp and my son's hard wired to the router and his comp is fine with no lag. I have also tryed buying a lan to usb connector to see if it was my lan port.
    Just to be clear, you know for sure it is not FPS lag, correct?

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Not a heating problem I'm liquid cooled.
    Yes it's not fps lag cuz it takes for ever to load the server when joining a game.
    Cpu and gpu are fine bench marked it and it was fine.

The sad thing about it was it was lagging before rab came over. But it's not lagging it now.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Are you liquid cooled on both CPU and GPU? I know you're no "n00b" but have you monitored temps when launching games (just to double check)? If the GPU is running with its fans, maybe they're not kicking on consistently? Would explain why it didn't do it when Rab came over and its inconsistency. But then again, if it were a heat issue on either the CPU or GPU, you'd eventually have total crashing.

Are you still running the 660 Ti? I would say (just for "SNGs") manually download the latest driver binaries, and when you install them, select the "Fresh Install" option. After that, it will want to update the GeForce Experience version (since that will reinstall it). Then, make sure Battlefront is in there and let it apply the "Optimal Settings" and see if you still continue to have issues.

I know it sounds like "Troubleshooting 101", and you may have already done this, but worth a shot if you haven't :)

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

just the cpu is liquid cooled. ill check the temps next time i play.

also the gpu has a fresh install cuz i just reinstalled windows and i formatted my ssd so its all new.

and an update
    i was playing last night with no problems till it was time to change maps. as soon as the round got over it started to lag out (this happened like 3 times). so i ran a speed test while the game was still running and the first time the speed test came back with an error. then i reloaded the page and did the test again. this time everything was on par of what it should be. i then went back in the game and it was fine again. this happened a few times last night. then later on in the night i switched to fall out 4 and it was fine ontill i got in to my suit then it started to lag out again. so i did a speed test again and then it worked fine after that. so im thinking my router might be going out or going in to like a snooze mode or something. then when i force it to work by using the speed test it works.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Is the PC connected directly to the router via Ethernet or is it WiFi?

If it's physically connected, and you just did a reinstall, maybe something changed duplex settings from what they used to be and there's a mismatch between the network port on the PC and the port on the router (usually will be an orange light indicating collisions if that's the case).

But if the PC has a WiFi adapter of any sorts in it....ignore that suggestion ;)

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

yea im running direct to the router. i got it set to 100 full duplex cuz any other setting it will slow down the speed.
    [IMG][/IMG]