If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? PandaTantrum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Visiting New York City

As some of you may know I'm heading over to NYC on Sunday from London.

If anyone lives there/has been there and has some suggestions on places to visit, places to eat and get pissed at - would be greatly appreciated! ^.^

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Nitewolf's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The Intrepid (also has the space shuttle Enterprise on it) near pier 80 west side, The empire State building (great view of the city) 5th ave and 34th street, Ray's Pizza on 6th ave (also know as Ave of the Americas) and 11th street in the village, Museum of history or art, Central Park, the Metropolitan opera house, A broadway show ( usually you can find discounts if u see the 2pm show same day). Freedom tower. So many things to do in this wonderful city :) too many to list :). Enjoy your trip.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Nitewolf's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

forgot to mention a few more places , Analogue jazz bar ( live jazz ) in the village 19 west 8th street, If you perfer blues music then terra Blues @ 149 Bleeker street lower manhattan betweem thompson st and LaGuardia Place. a ride on the Staten Island Ferry just to relax and enjoy the view . when u get to staten island zip around for the ferry heading back to manhattan :) about a 30min ride each way, Statue of Liberty. Did I mention way too many places to list lol :)

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Esva's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Stop in at the TARDIS Cafe too, if your a who fan, and yeah obviously do all the touristy stuff, although if your planning to go into lady liberty herself, book your tickets like...Now! otherwise you can only get onto the island, and definitely rent boats in central park, just expect your arms to get tired :P