Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! HUMAN1ST1C's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New Mouse Setup

So I've been a big Logitech fan for a while - they make good mice - but I've been looking for something a little more next-generation in terms of usability. Razer is horrid - I don't like their cheaply made crap (sorry if anyone uses Razer, but I think their mice are just flashy).

Picked up a Roccat mouse pad at Best Buy on a whim last year - really liked it, and it is nice and big sitting at 11" x 15". I was mouse shopping today, and saw this mouse from Roccat (I didn't know they made them), which seems to be right up my alley.

It looks like it's not crazy over-the-top like Razer, but with enough customization to give good functionality in MMO's (like Logitech). What do you guys think? I'm going to buy one and try it out, as I need a new mouse very soon because my left-button is starting to short out.

Here's a link to the mouse pad I bought, cool and classy: Clicky

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It has an Avago 9800, laser sensor that's known for some unpredictable and inconsistent acceleration

It has cool lights and customization, but from a pure performance standpoint, I wouldn't recommend it if you play mostly FPS or take your gaming seriously

If you're more casual or into MOBAs, MMOs, RTS, it'll suit your needs fine, but there are better more specialized options for each

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you want a good mouse for everything, get the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. If you want something a little more MMO focused, the Corsair Scimitar, or the Logitech G600 are both great. If you need something on the cheap, the Logitech G300S or the Gamdias Hades Extension (My daily driver now) are great.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! HUMAN1ST1C's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_CapnVG View Post
    It has an Avago 9800, laser sensor that's known for some unpredictable and inconsistent acceleration

It has cool lights and customization, but from a pure performance standpoint, I wouldn't recommend it if you play mostly FPS or take your gaming seriously

If you're more casual or into MOBAs, MMOs, RTS, it'll suit your needs fine, but there are better more specialized options for each
    I won't be playing any FPS games any time soon - I'll be using it to play World of Warcraft mostly - that's why I'm going with that mouse and not another one because I can "test" it out somewhat and see how well their mice products are.

But make no mistake - I'm a dedicated Logitech fan - but I'm also a sucker for good tech. So I'm always looking. What would you recommend for more serious gaming then?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_HUMAN1ST1C View Post
    I won't be playing any FPS games any time soon - I'll be using it to play World of Warcraft mostly - that's why I'm going with that mouse and not another one because I can "test" it out somewhat and see how well their mice products are.

But make no mistake - I'm a dedicated Logitech fan - but I'm also a sucker for good tech. So I'm always looking. What would you recommend for more serious gaming then?
    For MMOs I would recommend the Corsair Scimitar

Has a better sensor, cooler lights (imo), more side buttons

Only one drawback: it's yellow :P

Also I've heard there have been some driver issues, plus corsair's software is rather involved and might take some getting used to. This was several months ago, so I assume it's fixed by now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013KK...rb_top?ie=UTF8

If you want to stick with Logitech, go with the G600, however, that has the same sensor as the Tyon so you'll have to decide which features you like best if it comes down between those two.