I come in peace, seeking gold and slaves. Goodyear420's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Released A New Track, Check It and Spread It

Hey guys, it's your local garbage rapper. I just dropped my latest track today, and unlike my other stuff, I not only can post it, but I should.

Allow me to explain. I created this entirely under creative commons attribution, and under fair use, using the instrumental for Mockingbird, written and produced by Marshal Mathers and Luis Resto as the backing accompaniment. Lyrics and vocals are all me. The subject matter is about depression, anxiety, suicide, and the prevention thereof. Something a lot of us have dealt with, I think the message I try to deliver is something we can all agree on. No one should have to go through hard times alone, if you feel like you are, reach out. A lot of us here in AOD can understand and empathize with a lot of what anyone is going through.

That being said, if anyone takes issue with this post, I apologize ahead of time, and do not mind its removal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvXsYufJIWs

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Not a fan of rap music, but I gave it a listen.

If I may offer any sort of criticism, (not sure if you're wanting any or not) but maybe get your flow (I think that's the word?) working a bit better. Seemed like you weren't really sure about what you were saying at times, or you had to think for a split second on what to say. Sound more confident in it. Also, I don't know if you edited it, or someone else, but try to cut out (or move away from the mic in between breaths) the sound of you breathing in. It's distracting and sounds unprofessional to me.

I come in peace, seeking gold and slaves. Goodyear420's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Recorded, mixed, and edited (vocals) myself. At first I kept the breathes in because I used them as queues when I was mixing, but for some reason I like having them in there. I believe flow is the word you were looking for, and yeh, it needs work lol. The parts that sound like I'm taking a second to think are alternate takes fading into each other, or my natural stutter, which I'm also working on.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Good job man, I like it :)