Hybrid View

Can I have your Tots Blaq_Baron's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default What's next in WT the super Sabre??

With the introduction of the IT-1 I'm now really confused when the cut off date is

Keep honking. I'm reloading TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm fearing a large diversion of players due to being forced to fight Post war vehicles in world war vehicles but on a much larger scale as they continue to add these post war vehicles.
    Example if i use the 7.0 German 10.5 Tiger II and see an 8.0 match im usually gonna hurt as HEAT-FS will kill me with ease while im forced to try and hit weak points at long range and typically only get minor damage or no damage aka optics, tracks, or the gun barrel. Same goes for the planes at some point a player will unlock their fancy WW2 jet and see post war planes that they could never catch and will just be out maneuvered due to that fact.
    We need a clear separation of MM where if your in post war vehicles you only fight post war vehicles and so on. This will prevent the horrible top tier MM from becoming even harder for players just starting to hit those T5 vehicles.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Sirjacob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I know most vehicles in the game start in the world war 1 era but I figured you had all the vehicles of war through all of the modern time. Did not think the game was limited to world war 1 and world war 2.

Keep honking. I'm reloading TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Sirjacob View Post
    I know most vehicles in the game start in the world war 1 era but I figured you had all the vehicles of war through all of the modern time. Did not think the game was limited to world war 1 and world war 2.
    Currently they have said the cutoff is in the 1960's for vehicles to be added, but also said no smart missiles or after burners. The addition of the IT-1 will tread very close to the smart missile category, but cause its player guided they will argue its not a smart missile. But at 8.0 how is a 7.0 or even 8.0 WW2 tank with armor at most 200-250 mm supposed to defend against a missile that gets 250 mm of penn on a 60 degree slope at any range and its a literal point click and aim/lead. No adjustment for range like other rounds.

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TheRealDon View Post
    Currently they have said the cutoff is in the 1960's for vehicles to be added, but also said no smart missiles or after burners. The addition of the IT-1 will tread very close to the smart missile category, but cause its player guided they will argue its not a smart missile. But at 8.0 how is a 7.0 or even 8.0 WW2 tank with armor at most 200-250 mm supposed to defend against a missile that gets 250 mm of penn on a 60 degree slope at any range and its a literal point click and aim/lead. No adjustment for range like other rounds.
    Don't forget that if we assume that 9.0 is the final BR, the tanks still have 1.3 BR's to fill up.

In my opinion, this new cut off date for planes and tanks is very short sighted. It justifies the introduction of planes like the F-86F-40, F-86H, A-4 Skyhawk, later models of the Hawker Hunter, the B-52 (not to mention its predecessors not yet in game), A-6 intruder, A-3 skywarrior, later models of the Skyraider, Supermarine Swift, later versions of M-60, the M-551 Sheridan... I could go on and on. And that's not counting the planes that fit in the previous timeline they haven't yet put in game.

If they were so deadset on doing more vehicles, they should make a sequel.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Sirjacob View Post
    There are no WWl planes in WT. The biplanes in tier 1 are mid to late thirties. Pre war yes, but not WWl.
    In the latest Q&A with the devs on May 10 (closed now so can't post a link) it was asked and answered that Gaijin is planning
    a separate post war mode which will alleviate some of these problems. Time will tell, but given their past track record, don't hold your breath.
    They promised us bomber cockpits three years ago. Just sayin'. :D

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_rayrayblues View Post
    There are no WWl planes in WT. The biplanes in tier 1 are mid to late thirties. Pre war yes, but not WWl.
    In the latest Q&A with the devs on May 10 (closed now so can't post a link) it was asked and answered that Gaijin is planning
    a separate post war mode which will alleviate some of these problems. Time will tell, but given their past track record, don't hold your breath.
    They promised us bomber cockpits three years ago. Just sayin'. :D
    Okay, I found it. It was only hinted as a separate game instead of mode or tier.

Question # 68. Why not make a Post-War Tier for the Post-War Tanks and Planes

Kirill Yudintsev: It is better to make new game for cold-war-era\modern vehicles. Too many differences in game play and everything.

Question # 71. Now that a divide between WW2 and Post-WW2 vehicles has been rumored, how will this be done? On another note, will the rules for aviation additions be possibly changed to include further planes? Is the rule on AA missiles unchanged? What about SAM missiles and mobile launchers? Could the Su-9, 11 and 13 be included in the soviet tree? They are almost forgotten, and they might fill the 7.0 gap in the soviet tree. Also, the MiG-9 is over tiered in RB, and more deserves a 7.x BR to compete. Thanks

Kirill Yudintsev: This is just rumors now. Not an official information

Hope this helps...........