Keep honking. I'm reloading TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default RB Tankers

Now that i have your attention, have any of you noticed since the may 10th update bombs in RB tanks are now , well worthless.

Even today while in the German Sdk flak truck when what looked like 2 500 lbs bombs dropped maybe 25 meters at most in front of me I barely suffered a scratch my tracks took slight damage and my gun even less.

So now between the assault fuse and the weakening of the bombs are planes even worth it anymore or just fighters and gun boats.

AOD for life AOD Member AOD_Kharior's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Not really man. Dive bombed a Brit AA truck yesterday. It might've been lucky, but it's well known that bombs are kind of hit or miss. (see that?)
    Kill the meat, save the metal
    -DraigUK

Keep honking. I'm reloading TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Maybe i can get some people together for testing in a custom match, but based off what i saw today bombs are painfully nerfed to almost nothing, only kill with bombs in several matches was a M16. But before with my 250 kilo bombs i could kill softer targets including medium tanks and 500 kilo bombs would kill about anything,

AOD for life AOD Member AOD_Kharior's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Hit me up next week if you haven't had any other responses and we can work on it. I've got about a month of time between the end of Spring and the start of Summer semesters.
    Kill the meat, save the metal
    -DraigUK

If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I was in a match and watched laden B25's rain death at an IS2 that I'd already put 3 or 4 75mm rounds into, only to have an M18 finish it off. I was sure those bomb explosions (pretty!) would have killed it, but no.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Furi-Kuri's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well, they nerfed the bombs to death over a year ago... i never go out with less then 500kg-1000kg bombs attached to my planes... thats why the Do-217E is my favorite german bomber: 4x1000kg droped in 3 runs.
    With 250kg´s (500lbs) you have to hit almost directly the target, kinda hillarious when you think what a 200kg HE-bomb would do to a building...

Knee High to a Worms Ass Bendal's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rao9YG5RF9g

This has happened to me while bombing tanks, and what i mean by that is a direct hit to a tank, and it only counts as a "hit" as it harmlessly explodes either right on top of the tank or close by. I think the issues with tanks being too easy to bomb needed to be addressed, but the alterations didn't solve any problems, they just made another one. Getting bombed still ruins tank game play, but it takes skill to bomb in tank realistic battles and you need to earn your planes. What they should do is maybe alter the spawn points system so that it is easier to re spawn after being bombed or killed shortly after spawning. I think that Gaijin understands they need to fix issues, but they don't understand where to take them, and what to change in order to fix them.

Overall, I would say still fly planes, but definitely this change will make being in a tank a little easier. Not sure I support it, but it will satisfy a lot of die-hard tank mains.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Roeffel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I don't fly planes often in RB tanks, simply because I don't have much planes but I haven't experienced bombs that exploded near me that didn't killed me
    Ofcourse it could be that those bombs are bigger then they are needed to be, but hey, I was still dead
    As for the little clip with the T44, isn't it possibly the bomb came in to flat to detonate and therefor bounced of? That I've seen happen of few times in AB tanks
    Anyway, if I'd take a plane to bomb, what the smallest bomb you would recommend to kill a tank if you land the bomb within 5-10 meters or so?