Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! BaronVonDelta's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Morans Regarding the recent dibacle of "illegal third party mods"

To those of you who haven't heard, one of the War Thunder Youtubers, PhlyDaily, posted a video revealing someone using hacks to aim through several buildings, shooting at people from 2km away that someone without the hack couldn't even see. As you would guess, War Thunder had a strike against the video and Phly took it down. On the official forum, they held a vote whether they should withhold the strikes on War Thunder videos with people using hacks, or if they should add markers to realistic battles. There was a greater vote for the first, and the poll was deleted. Tensions about this have continued to boil within the community, and some have pledged to boycott WT for trying to censor that their are hacks for their games. On one hand, I have never been in a game with a hacker and thus have not been affected by it yet. On the other hand, this kind of censorship seems ridiculous. I love War Thunder and what it means to me, but this kind of censorship of a games faults is not what I enjoy seeing in one of my favorite games. Am I alone in this concern for Gajin's behavior in trying to direct jurisdiction so that everything is exactly what they want people to see?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Blutkind's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ok, I have seen a lot of this recently and most of it comes from people who have not read the post by Anton in its entirety.

The problem isn't that Gaijin are attempting to censor and hide the fact that people are able to use client based hacks which provide an unfair advantage. They freely announce when they encounter an ban said players. The problem is that when popular youtubers with large subscriptions make videos showing off these hacks, regardless of their stance on it, they serve as advertising them. As Anton said in his post "Thanks to this video, we are already seeing some growth of interest for such software."

Gaijin has had the policy where when a person was caught hacking, they were not banned completely but only for a period of time. It takes a couple of counts of hacking to be banned for good. I've seen a lot of people chiming in saying "Gaijin have no right to abuse the youtube systems to strike down peoples videos" when in fact, part of the EULA signed by all players specifically says that you are not to promote or discuss third party modifications. When you make a video about it, you remove your public fair use license and Gaijin is perfectly within their rights to request it be striked down.

Gaijin then tried to find solutions that would work in the best interest of the community. But there was simply too much contention about what should be done. There are a few people who are working with the community trying to get things done, but all that seems to happen is they get shat on each and every time. Its a small wonder they still attempt to find middle grounds.

TL:DR Gaijin have been open and honest with their dealings in this regard and it is really the fault of clickbait youtubers in this matter.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I RavenSCO's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have only encountered a hacker once in the game just because someone has hacks dont mean they know how to use them this guy was obviously just a young inexpierienced player who has no skills, this became more obvious when 85% of the people he encountered could outfly him and lead him into my gunsights lol.....

There are cheaters in 99% of games and there will always be a way for players to exploit those cheats or mods i never saw the appeal myself.......

Suffer not Heretic to live Dita2233's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Destroying someones channel with copy right strikes because he exposes hackers pissed me off

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Craigep17's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

well to be honest its fair for Gaijin to do it because tanks are easy to use the software for an advantage, and showing it off and ply being an ass but popular ass, makes his streams and veiwers more interested or just investigating them may led to more problems so, that is why they did it.

Gaijin wouldn't do it to be spiteful, they like their games being shown off and being popular just not with issues or work around or even mods to give an advantage
    When you fail, fail over and over again until you succeed

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ohhh Gaijin...

Y u make amazing game and be the worst possible piece of shit developer ever? -_-

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! BaronVonDelta's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Craigep17 View Post
    well to be honest its fair for Gaijin to do it because tanks are easy to use the software for an advantage, and showing it off and ply being an ass but popular ass, makes his streams and veiwers more interested or just investigating them may led to more problems so, that is why they did it.

Gaijin wouldn't do it to be spiteful, they like their games being shown off and being popular just not with issues or work around or even mods to give an advantage
    The problem is that Phly was just informing his audience that it is still an issue that needs to be addressed. It was to show that these hacks exist, and something needs to be done to deal with them, through either making it easier to identify and ban hackers, or making the game more secure against hacks. There have been hacks for as long as WT has been out, and most of the aircraft ones don't matter. A skilled player can be just as, if not more effective, then a hacker. However with tanks, hacks that let you see tanks through terrain and show the range of enemies, break the game and ruin it for everyone else. We already have a mode that tells you where to shoot, and that's one mode that hacks are useless. In other modes, not even the most experienced players can deal with someone who is shooting through buildings 2km away and will hit every shot. Gaijin hasn't made a counter measure for this, and so it happened. A large, respected member of the community shed light on an issue they failed to address. So they abuse the YouTube copyright system, pull it down with no reasoning, and make a post offering either A: Destroy the careers of Youtubers showing the problems in our games, or B: kill a favorite game mode.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! PsychoShy's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Craigep17 View Post

The reason it's not fair is because gaijin wanted to abuse youtube's copyright strike system (which is broken anyway) to censor people. The outrage has little to do with people liking phly (a good many don't, especially in the Reddit community) and everything to do with unfairly censoring content creators.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue KillerAceUSAF's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Dita2233 View Post
    Destroying someones channel with copy right strikes because he exposes hackers pissed me off

There was no strike, Phly hid the video himself. Right now, using strikes is a threat right now, and hasn't been used, other than that one incident last year, which has been resolved.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

MagzTV stopped play War thunder thx to this D:

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Rememeber,

AOD does NOT allow the use of hacks, cheat, or any other kind of mods that can be considered as such.

AOD members are not allowed to use software that is not been distributed by the game develepors,
    that will give an advantage over other players.

Any AOD member being caught using this kind of software,
    wil be banned from clan AOD for live.
    forums , gameservers, TS included.

Now I know most of you guys well enough, and I don't think any of you cheats or hacks in WT.
    just don't let yourself be lured into the use of this kinda software.
    lets keep our games and our gameplay clean.
    we don't need hacks or cheats we are AOD, we fight with honor.