Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Custom Battles Rooms

Folks,
    I want to preach the virtues of the custom battles. Lots of fun! I'm finding that it's great for working on marksmanship in a more relaxed environment. And when you have a few of your buddies, there is such a variety of activities. Did I mention the more relaxed environment? I especially like being able to perform gunnery practice with whatever I can convince my team mates to bring into battle. No risk of loosing lions! Yeah. Let me know if you're interested and we'll set up a time.

Powered by shitposting CodePhantom's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well I guess you could jsut use the Events room for that though

Cleanup on IL-2! AOD Member AOD_Asecio's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

You could also use the regular rooms we already have (AB/RB), and simply put "custom battle", or just "custom" in your nickname. :)

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Novafry's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Educate me on the events room. Is there an advantage to using them? Perhaps easier to use or something? I'll have to take one for a test drive with a squad.

I couldn't give two 'pucks' so Chew-On-It Chew0n1t's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use the custom battles a lot, using the bots for firing practice and studying maps is very useful. Since I started doing that my game has improved no end. But there is no substitute for PvP, especially when the custom battle bots are all BR 1 or reserve units that can hardly fire straight. Having said that if you've ever faced me on the battlefield and wondered how I managed to shoot you at that range - custom battles ;-)

The best thing about custom battles is the entire 32 player slots can be selected from friends and associates, so having a Custom Battles channel with 2 sub room (X & + for instance) would give us opportunities for training and fun events or contests you can't organize as a general member of the masses in a Squadron any other way. In short more chances to party.

I think this is a great idea #AOD_Novafry.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Novafry's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks Chew0n1t. You can often find me and 'the gang' hanging out in realistic battles.