I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Suisfonia's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Default Finding replacement part for Headset

So I use a Razor Tiamat 7.1, a gift given to me by a friend when he built me this computer, unfortunantly though one of the parts of this headset is starting to breakdown and I can't - for the life of me - find out whether or not the part that is breaking can actually be bought anywhere.

The part in question is the speaker connector which on the left in this image: http://i.seimg.net/images/1286223/bi...00100-r3u1.jpg

Do any of our tech savy members here know whether this kind of a part is actually sold on its own? Tried Newegg, Tigerdirect, heck even looked on Amazon, but given that this part is merely listed as 'speaker connector' by Razor I don't even know if that's the actual component name or not....

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Have you tried messaging Razer and asking for a replacement or something? They may be willing to help you out.

Be a shame to buy a new headset, I have the Tiamat 7.1 and I love it.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would message Razer and ask if they can give you a replacement. However, failing that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...ming_headsets/ Read that, and then realize your friend did you a dis-service by giving you that. Instead, get the cans that the OP suggests, an Antlion Modmic 4.0, and the Amplifier the OP suggests. And, do watch the videos to get a better understanding of Audio in general. Then, you can learn something AND have even better Audio in games than you had previously and people can hear you better too!

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Suisfonia's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

I will certainly look into those suggestions for the future Kaos! As far as contacting Razor goes, they haven't responded back. However, I was actually able to fix the problem, when I had this computer built I - for some reason - bought an external sound card, its been storage this entire time, unopened, so I dug it out and fired it up and now everything is working again. The problem I had before is now gone, thus perhaps it was the internal sound card that was causing the issue and not so much the headset. Well, guess I'll stick with the external card for now. I know this computer is due to a major upgrade soon so I'll probably rip out the internal card (after all, don't need it anymore)

Anywho, thanks you two for the advice :)

Keep honking. I'm reloading Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I had looked for this when my 2.2 lost it's earcup (peeled from the mount) I ended up throwing it out and getting an Audio Technica m50x. Not 7.1 (i had the 7.1 as well, sold it) but way better sound quality and less fiddling.

I found a few threads that people tried getting replacements from razer and it turned out to be more difficult than worth to get replacement parts. I would still try if you really like them though.