Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Custom PC Shop ?

Anyone know of any good PC shops/stores that are national (or possibly internationally) wide; or at the least in the USA state of SC; that does good custom PC work/building?

I want to have a new system built from scratch, where I can decide the parts, sooner or later.

I did a little online searching myself awhile ago and picked out two (these 2 where the only ones I found that actually have a store somewhere, every other "place" I found from the search was like a dead shop/store and/or run out of like the owner's house) to contact; but they don't seem to be wanting my money or bad at customer service as they have not emailed me at all or back.
    1 - Bristeeri Technologies, Inc - this one actually changed their name since I first found it, but the owner replied to my email saying she'd have a sales guy mail me for info, no further mail from her or them thou.
    2 - That Computer Store - no email contact info, had to make contact through the chat on their facebook, asking for someone in the pc building part to email me about a custom pc, was told someone would email me by whoever runs the FB page in the chat, no mail yet.

So asking if anyone knows a good place in SC, even if it's a online store not based in SC that will just ship it to me when done.

And PS, I dont wanna build it myself; I want the PC done right the first time (or at least right when I do get it). I do not feel comfortable doing the work myself, and would like some warranty from whoever does make it that they will work on it later should something need replacing and maybe upgrading parts.
    Last edited by TekNicTerror; 05-29-2016 at 03:35 AM.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! R6L84F3J's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

https://www.pugetsystems.com/

They have been making/building high end systems for years.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Glorious Gibs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

There are quite a few good ones that I recommend:

iBuyPower
    Velocity Micro (has some kind of upgrade warranty, too)
    Cyberpower
    Falcon Northwest
    Origin PC

The two that I think are the best are iBuyPower and Velocity Micro simply due to the sheer number of options, including case form factor and some total custom stuff like engraving. I would recommend looking into the Velocity Micro upgrade warranty a little more. You get discounts for buying new parts later and you get 1-year warranties for those parts.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think you 2 missed the point of me saying "I want to have a new system built from scratch, where I can decide the parts". By that I mean I pick EVERY (well major) part; as in what brand and such.

For example, ibuypower, if I want a PC with a GTX 980 Ti in it, my choices are - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti - 6GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti - 6GB - MSI VR-Ready. Not much of a choice, so what if I wanted a Asus, EVGA, or Zotac GTX? There's like 30 different versions of a 980 Ti and these "custom" sites only offer 2-4 of them.
    Another point, I want a FD Define R5 case, I have never seen a "custom" PC site offer it yet.

While these custom sites are surely better than HP or Dell, they are not really custom PC sites in my book.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TekNicTerror View Post
    I think you 2 missed the point of me saying "I want to have a new system built from scratch, where I can decide the parts". By that I mean I pick EVERY (well major) part; as in what brand and such.

For example, ibuypower, if I want a PC with a GTX 980 Ti in it, my choices are - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti - 6GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti - 6GB - MSI VR-Ready. Not much of a choice, so what if I wanted a Asus, EVGA, or Zotac GTX? There's like 30 different versions of a 980 Ti and these "custom" sites only offer 2-4 of them.
    Another point, I want a FD Define R5 case, I have never seen a "custom" PC site offer it yet.

While these custom sites are surely better than HP or Dell, they are not really custom PC sites in my book.
    If you want true freedom in what parts you want, you will need to build it yourself. Which is massively cheaper than getting a custom built from some company, or a complete prebuilt by a company like Dell or HP. It's also super easy compared to what everyone else thinks. 99.99% of it is paying attention to what cables go where, and looking at the Motherboard manual for some minor instructions like where the Power Switch and LED's go, and where the Fan Headers are. It's super simple, I'm pretty sure a fifth grader could build a PC nowadays.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That's also why I aked for a custom PC shop in my area, instead of a online place like ibuypower or the like.

I also did say I did not feel like building myself as well, and also wanted a warranty on the labor as well as parts.

Jarek_Avanti

Have you tried a Google search for shops in your area? If you can't find anyone, I'd be happy to build a rig for you.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Those 2 stores I linked are in the area, albeit like a hour away from where I live, I am in contact with one, the other hasn't replied yet.

The one I have been mailing is currently doing research on the new cards; 1070, 1080, and the 480; and also working on something for the whole store (something about streamlining something for custom jobs). Have not talked much of anything other than GPU's at this point.

The build I am working off of right now, still has the 980 Ti in it thou, and I believe the MB and PS were recommended to me by members in a older thread; everything else I picked out myself.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! R6L84F3J's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TekNicTerror View Post

Ahh the link I provided fabricates a good deal of the internal case components, tests all mechanical drives for audible levels so you get the best one. And like you stated in your op, you can ask for whatever you want. I don't work for them nor have I ever done business with them. I have however been custom building my own systems for years. Puget makes good high end computers.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think Microcenter will build a computer with any of the parts you supply for 100$

Not sure if you have to buy the parts from them or not, but they usually have a pretty wide selection

Edit:
    They also don't have any locations in South Carolina now that I look at it. Not sure if you'd want to drive to Georgia for this xD

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

If you knew me I'd say ship the stuff to me and I'd work with you on parts and build it for you lol. I'm about to liquid cool my refreshed build here in a few weeks again. I love doing this stuff and wish there was a place I could work at near by.

Other than that the only one I know of that can do a truly custom build is Puget out in oregon. They take a FLIR to your system to work out the airflow for optimal cooling and update you every part of the process. With their work comes a pretty good premium on price though but from what I've seen it is worth it.
    Meep Meep

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_R6L84F3J View Post
    Ahh the link I provided fabricates a good deal of the internal case components, tests all mechanical drives for audible levels so you get the best one. And like you stated in your op, you can ask for whatever you want. I don't work for them nor have I ever done business with them. I have however been custom building my own systems for years. Puget makes good high end computers.
    They still limit the choices, aka gotta pick from their lists. For instance, I don't see any AMD CPU choices, just Intel CPU's (not that I want another AMD, just using that has example).

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_CapnVG View Post
    I think Microcenter will build a computer with any of the parts you supply for 100$

Not sure if you have to buy the parts from them or not, but they usually have a pretty wide selection

Edit:
    They also don't have any locations in South Carolina now that I look at it. Not sure if you'd want to drive to Georgia for this xD

I was almost willing to goto one of them in Ga for a part cuz they were selling it the cheapest, but would not sell it online. If they were to build it for me, they'd have to be closer thou.