Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So International Shipping Help

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with shipping items internationally?

I have some friends in Europe I wanted to ship some stuff to. It would weigh somewhere between 5-15 pounds and maybe be like 8x12x4 inches or so.

Basically my problem is being able to ship things to them without getting screwed by the cost. UPS international wants $180 base cost, then like $5 for the fuel required for the stuff. I think I may have found a service that I can get by with only paying maybe ~$80 for it, but does anybody have any experience or suggestions about this? I'm just recently graduated from high school and am not bringing in money hand over fist. :P

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Oh yes, the world of int shipping... I've done this a lot and honestly the USPS (US Postal Service) has always been the cheapest. Granted, about $80 is going to be the cost of most packages that size/weight. And where you are shipping to changes the price some as well.

Use this to check cost. When you get the price list there is another blue bar that says "Priority Mail International® Options "
    Hidden in there is usually your cheaper options.

https://ircalc.usps.com/Default.aspx

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hmm, ok good find, definitely cheaper than what I found earlier.

I found a service called Borderlinx that is supposed to be used to send items you buy in another country to you from that country, but I've seen the reviews mostly as 1 or 5 stars, not a ton in between. Although their sales rep Majed was a pretty cool guy. Still, I've never heard of them so I was hesitant to go through them.

But yeah this actually looks great, since I know for sure they are reputable and somewhat reasonable in cost. Thanks for finding this for me, now I guess I'll learn lots about what papers I need to get it shipped over.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Definitely read about it. The USPS website can help a lot. And when you go the USPS location, depending on how nice they are, they usually help.

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.