Hybrid View

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default HELP plz. Email problems.

Recently my email has been spammed with 50+ messages per day. Stuff about credit card and free tickets.
    I have never in my life subscribed to any email news. Not even for games.

How do i stop this?
    Is there some way to block these or auto delete em?
    If not.... Im willing to learn how to track and hijack someone's mail because im 100% sure these mails are from a bot set up by some nolife in his moms basement.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

BTW its on live.com mail.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Shaitlord View Post
    If not.... Im willing to learn how to track and hijack someone's mail because im 100% sure these mails are from a bot set up by some nolife in his moms basement.
    Before you go doing something that's illegal and will land you in hot water, I'd recommend blocking the senders.

I have a hotmail account, and I believe they are the same.

Right click the email, and create a rule. Have anything from the sender's email address automatically be deleted. Assuming it's coming from one address, if not make the rule so that it blocks certain keywords (Credit card, or something) and deletes messages like that. However, that could have some unintended consequences should you ever receive something important featuring those key words.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AshawTalos's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Consider getting a gmail account and letting them block the spam for you. Otherwise rule(s) will be your best bet, like Master Butters suggested.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Master Butters View Post
    Before you go doing something that's illegal and will land you in hot water, I'd recommend blocking the senders.

I have a hotmail account, and I believe they are the same.

Right click the email, and create a rule. Have anything from the sender's email address automatically be deleted. Assuming it's coming from one address, if not make the rule so that it blocks certain keywords (Credit card, or something) and deletes messages like that. However, that could have some unintended consequences should you ever receive something important featuring those key words.
    Yea i tried that. The sender is using a bot with a randomly generated address.
    [email protected]
    Almost always starts with info.
    I tried creating a rule where if the address has "info." in it, it should auto delete. But it didn't work. I also blocked words like Credit and Free. Also didn't work since the new messages are now using Image Links as clickable text.
    I guess i can just block every word from the email subject. Create a new mail and abandon this one.... But the problem is this is my main Mail for almost everything.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_AshawTalos View Post
    Consider getting a gmail account and letting them block the spam for you. Otherwise rule(s) will be your best bet, like Master Butters suggested.
    I know. But I've been using this mail for 10 years and im registered on a lot of games and websites like FB.
    Im using Gmail for school.