Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default Managed to snag a 1080

Periodically they have been releasing some cards throughout the day, very limited quantities at a time various manufacturers. (Aftermarket is what im saying)

I uh... was at work... doing ... work... and managed to uh.... check at the right time.
    Meep Meep

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Luckyyyyyy.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hope you got something other than a Founder's Edition one; I am sure it would be well worth the wait for the add ons/mods the card makers do on them.

Like the EVGA FTW with ACX 3.0 on it, seemed like the best one off that 1080 list someone linked like a week or so ago; and I also believe Amazon was gunna sell those for 679.99 + free S&H... while most Founder's Ed's are still 699...

Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I really don't think they will make much of a difference from what I've seen, besides cooling (got the MSI gaming X) even with all the fancy extra power connections and 100w higher TDP it all comes down to the silicon lottery. The higher clocked cards just guarantee that speed and nothing else.

There are a lot of scalpers out there so I hope nobody tries to buy them off of ebay like many are.

Got mine from Newegg they don't charge taxes amazon does on these but shitty fedex one day failed me so ill be getting a shipping refund but have to wait 3 more days.
    Meep Meep

Jarek_Avanti

Very nice!

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Besides cooling? Cooling is what matters the most. If I had a decent PC right now, I'd wait months before getting a 1070 or 1080 just to hear about reviews and comparsions.

Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

What I'm saying is from what I've seen between the different cards the only thing the AIB cards have is a cooling advantage and some power phasing and that the general speeds will be around 2000-2100 mhz either way. The AIB cards just guarantee a specific clock speed higher than the FE.

Good news, Fedex decided not to suck and only delivered one day late instead of monday.

Mine boosted out of the box to 1911 which is 64 over the guaranteed clock and max temps in the low 70's

http://imgur.com/a/mqkti
    Meep Meep