Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon5 Looking for a good MB

Going to be getting a new PC soon, and as the title says, looking for a good motherboard.

MSI H110M Gaming LGA 1151 Intel H110 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard has been recommended before, but I would like to see if I could get a better one.

My requirements-
    LGA1151 socket
    On board sound
    Wired ethernet port
    16 GB RAM allowed or more (don't have a pref on memory type, I am gunna get 16 to 32 for it either way)

My wants-
    5.1 or better sound
    Gaming ethernet tech on it (doesn't have to be the same as on that MSI, but something better for gaming than just any ethernet port and etc for it)
    And I would prefer to keep the MB cost below 100, that MSI one would be 70 off of amazon and another store.

And if you need to know, the PC will be used for gaming and watching online vids mostly.

I am gathering info on some parts I want re-picked out, I will have another thread for CPU cooler soon, maybe PSU as well and other parts; then I will post the final build for even more advice before actually getting it built. (Pretty much got time to waste since I am waiting for more info on 1070's and 1080's, so I am in no hurry)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

MSi Z170-A PRO, good MBO.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AshawTalos's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That's a pretty low end chipset. It looks to be more business oriented than gaming. If you are ok with no overclock and only 8 PCI-E lanes, then it would probably be fine. Chances are you'd probably be much happier using a board with either an H110 or H170 chipset.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! WaitDontSh00t's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When I did my most recent build, I got the Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha and love it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well I am not planning on OCing anything anyway, I may not even bother with a liquid cooler as such and with all the bad reivews with leaks on the ones I've checked out (please save all the replies about that till I post for a CPU cooler, as I will be posting with some air cooler I just picked cuz of good reviews and to have a complete build on pc part picker). I also won't be going for two or more GPU's, and if I was I would need a different one anyway, cause it would be two 1070's, this MB only does crossfire. And that ASUS has bad reviews on it on newegg, and is too pricey, looking for around $100 or less. And go check that MB on newegg (newegg shows the best info's for the stuff that I've seen so far, even if you buy from elsewhere), it is definitly for gaming as it has all the normal gaming extras (even has LED's) but there's no OC info listed like in other MSI gaming MB's, so this one is prolly made for those not planning to OC.