Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Looking for a good HD or two

I've decided to not go with a SSD for OS and etc and a HD for games and stuff. due to the prices for SSD's and hybrids.

So I'd rather just have two HD's of the same size (2 or 3 TB) or one 1 TB HD and a 2/3 TB HD. The 1 TB (or first HD) would be for the OS plus other non game programs (AV/AM/AS), files, and teamspeak (and other voice chats); and the 2/3 TB (or 2nd HD) would be for games and everything else for gaming other than TS and voice chats (steam, origin, uplay, etc..).

I have two Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drives in my build right now, but the Barracuda HD's seem to have a VERY high fail rate, no matter their size, so looking for betters.

Looking to spend about 50-70 for a 1 TB HD and less than 100 for the 2/3 TB HD's each; and would like quiet drives.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Assuming your talking USD?

I would be interested to know the answer to this as well, I have stuck with Seagate for years and never had a fail with them but they seem to have had some QA issues since I last brought one!

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

WD Blacks are very good drives with 5 year warranties and one of the faster transfer rates for the mainstream audience. Hitachi / HGST or Toshiba HDD's are also very reliable based on experience as well.

That being said I've only actually owned WD Black but worked with the japanese brands.
    Meep Meep

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Marrv View Post
    Assuming your talking USD?

I would be interested to know the answer to this as well, I have stuck with Seagate for years and never had a fail with them but they seem to have had some QA issues since I last brought one!
    Yes US buckaroos.

Go check the newegg Barracuda reviews, people are saying they fail days/weeks/months/a year after start of use, and those complains (1-2 star reviews) outnumber the 4-5 star ones. The only good thing for them is the price (and that it lasts if it does for that buyer). And people are also saying the same thing along the lines of the older seagates working fine or such. I think a dell or hp PC i had before had a seagate HD in it, worked fine with me; but I've actually never had or seen a failed HD before.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active