It will be interesting to see if the rumors check out and hold up. Definitely a big shift from their usual rollout strategy in releasing the Titan model this close to initial launch...

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/0...-titan-in.aspx

Rumored to have either 12 GB or 16 GB of HBM2. Some are reporting two versions of the card, but that one I find extremely hard to believe (as it technically defeats the entire purpose of what the Titan variant is meant to be - the absolute highest-end consumer card short of going with a Quadro). I would think the Titan P would be more along the lines of 24 GB or even 32 GB, which is what HBM2 and Pascal currently cap out at. It would then make more sense if the GTX 1080 Ti was either 12 GB or 16 GB of HBM2.

Traditionally it's been the following year at GTC but I kinda' wonder if AMDs plan to announce Vega later this year has any bearing on the decision to go ahead and launch it.

My hope is that if this does hold up, and they do actually launch the Titan P next month, it also means that they'll move up the announcement / launch of the 1080 Ti.

Just in time for Christmas, perhaps? :)

Looks like one thing is for certain, though...if the reason does turn out to be related to anything from AMD, perhaps the old-skool "GPU Wars" are indeed back.