If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Carl-Grimes's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Good Keyboards?

I was wondering if anybody had some suggestions for a good keyboard to invest in. Gaming definitely takes up a lot of my free time, but I also write and type a lot, so something that feels comfortable and can type quickly and accurately would be preferred. I don't really care how flashy the thing is, as I'm more concerned about how it performs. I've seen a lot of people stand by the Razer Black Widow, while others seem to gravitate towards Logitech products.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Ender View Post
    I was wondering if anybody had some suggestions for a good keyboard to invest in. Gaming definitely takes up a lot of my free time, but I also write and type a lot, so something that feels comfortable and can type quickly and accurately would be preferred. I don't really care how flashy the thing is, as I'm more concerned about how it performs. I've seen a lot of people stand by the Razer Black Widow, while others seem to gravitate towards Logitech products.
    Just go with a mechanical keyboard. They perform all more or less the same.

I personally have Razer Black Widow and it is fantastic. I love everything about it and am very happy about the purchase.
    I have other products from Razer too like mouse, headsets and extended mouse pad.

Guess I look like a Razer fanboy but I will tell that I really don't like Razer headsets I've got. I have Razer Kraken Pro 2015. I don't like how they sound and the microphone is so so. Also, don't like that audio volume controller as it sometimes turns and lowers the sound. Also, they are bulky and feel heavy on the head, which is not great if you spend hours at the computer.

So, the keyboard is great. My friend got Razer BlackWidow Chroma, which was a replacement of his Logitech keyboard. Also, he is very happy about keyboard.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Boba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I got the new Logitech G610 Brown a couple months ago and I really like it. It's $99 now but I got it on sale for $79

Sent from my Intel i486

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'd get the Corsair K95/K70 RGB

Great build quality, your choice of cherry key switches, and all the support that comes with them (#1 reason why I advise against any keyboard with switches other than cherry)

You can choose red or white backlit for a cheaper price, but the rgb is awesome with lots of customization

K95: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gamin...2&keywords=k95 - This is the Cherry MX Brown version that I have, they come in the other colors as well
    K70: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gamin...1&keywords=k70

I personally have the K95 RBB Cherry Brown, and I absolutely love it
    Been using it for over a year now, with no issues whatsoever, and no signs of wear and tear

Review from one of my favorite youtubers: http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/corsair-k95-rgb-review/
    His keyboard rankings: http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/keyboard-reviews/
    (^^This guy knows his shit)
    Last edited by CapnVG; 07-18-2016 at 10:39 AM.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Carl-Grimes's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nice. I'll check these out and keep an eye open for some deals over the next few weeks. The corsair keyboard you suggested Cap looks awesome.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Ender View Post
    Nice. I'll check these out and keep an eye open for some deals over the next few weeks. The corsair keyboard you suggested Cap looks awesome.
    Glad I could help :)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=248
    Here are the Corsair community forums you can search for cool RGB profiles people have made just so you can see what's out there (they're all available for download too if you end up getting a Corsair keyboard)

They go on sale on Amazon occasionally, I got my K95 at a pretty significant discount

Knee High to a Worms Ass dwj1389's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use the black widow Chroma, probably the best keyboard i have ever used, i also use the Razer Taipan for the mouse

Knee High to a Worms Ass travisjzero93's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i have the razer blackwidow chroma and i love it. but i know corsair makes some really good gaming RGB ketboards