Keep honking. I'm reloading Cele's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default SSD Question

If I want to put my Battlefield files on my SSD so it doesn't take 2 or 3 minutes to load is that possible? All I have installed on my SSD is my OS. Do I just drag the BF4 files over?

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AshawTalos's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm not familiar with BF4 but typically you can't just copy/paste an application or game from one drive letter to an other and have it work. I would expect you need to uninstall BF4 from the system and install it on your SSD.

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

You can but you have to change the launch directory in origin and go to download to recheck for the files so it makes the connection. That's the gist of it, more detailed instructions are easy to find on Google

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_AshawTalos View Post
    I'm not familiar with BF4 but typically you can't just copy/paste an application or game from one drive letter to an other and have it work. I would expect you need to uninstall BF4 from the system and install it on your SSD.
    Thanks!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Qrow View Post
    You can but you have to change the launch directory in origin and go to download to recheck for the files so it makes the connection. That's the gist of it, more detailed instructions are easy to find on Google
    I'll look it up thank you

If I'm not back in 5... Boycott sniffing glue! Can I have your shampoo? Oogieboogie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Another option if you don't want to do this permanently or need some flexibility for other apps, you can accomplish this using symbolic links. Move the game directory to the SSD and place the symbolic link in the original location. I usually do it the other way around since you still need to deal with the hdd seek time to read the symlink info.

I use Link Shell Extension, since I do this a lot. You can also just use mklink from the command line.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Oogieboogie View Post
    Another option if you don't want to do this permanently or need some flexibility for other apps, you can accomplish this using symbolic links. Move the game directory to the SSD and place the symbolic link in the original location. I usually do it the other way around since you still need to deal with the hdd seek time to read the symlink info.

I use Link Shell Extension, since I do this a lot. You can also just use mklink from the command line.
    I'll look into this. thanks :)