Knee High to a Worms Ass Downeyplz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Better Aim ?

Thought I would post this in General because it docent apply to just one game but I recently noticed my aim is terrible in most of the FPS I play, any tips ?

Also, Hi I'm Brian aka Downeyplz nice to meet you all !

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I was about to write down a bunch of the info I know, then I realized that I basically just learned it from this video anyways, so I might as well just link it to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfGp...KDrLKAYFDzHB2g

Strongly suggest watching that throughout. Pre-aiming and muscle memory can be the difference between a great player and a mediocre player in most games. Once you get practice you will find it will carry over to nearly all other games. I like to think of your performance in fps games being 25% the gear/equipment you have, and 75% your experience/tactics/habits.

Something also to look for is at what distance is it better to aim down the site than to just spray at the person in front of you. I used to get killed a lot taking time to zoom in on a close enemy so "I could make sure all my shots hit". Realistically what I've found is I have trouble following the guy while aiming down sites, and I just get mowed down. If you just say screw it and spray at the guy who came around the corner near you, chances are you get the first hit, which could make them flinch, and make it harder for him to react. If they are at medium distance it can be helpful to start shooting before, and then while you are aiming down the site at the enemy.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

tyvm yeah Aim booster is pretty cool, I've been practicing on there daily recently.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Video was an awesome help, I also recently bought a bigger smoother mouse pad and adjusted my Razer Nagas dpi from 1800 to 1000 which helped a lot too. All and all I have gone from 20-25% accuracy to 45-51% on McCree in Overwatch lol

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

work with your mouse settings a lot, and you can change them depending on personal and class settings.
    The razer mamba top buttons will change your sensitivity from 16k to 9k to 4500, 1800 down to 800.

I recommend getting use to a personal pulling rate and sensitivity, as well as mouse pad.

Games that involve a lot of clicking on things, even if not fast past can add loads of dexterity.

Personally I burnt thousands and thousands of logs in runescape by clicking and slowly developed to 16k sensitivity with very confident clicks.

Founder of Killer Agents
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showth...41#post1208541

One of our members made a post explaining dpi if you would like to take a look at it. In general, however, aim is about practice. Of course changing some settings can drastically change performance, but in a gist lower sensitivities create stability allowing you to move to pin point spots. As you pointed out in your earlier post dropping your dpi helped a lot, meaning your sensitivity was too high making it hard to hit those tight shots at corners etc. Also, personally when it comes to mouse accel I prefer it on with a very low sensitivity, particularly when sniping. This allows me to move my mouse slowly from someone's chest to head or flick it across the hallway to hit another enemy if they pop out, but once again mouse accel is one of those things that is up to you to use.

AOD_Insane "WHY DID YOU SHOOT ME IN THE BUTT HOLE"
    AOD_JamesHarden "If you don't fk with AOD you can't fk with me!"

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Criggles's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Check out Interaccel. It's basically a mouse driver that allows to create a custom acceleration curve irrespective of the game. The blog contains a lot of information on how different types of acceleration work and how to install and setup the driver. I've been using it since release and have not encountered any issues with VAC or other anti-cheats. There's a fairly big learning curve involved but after you get used to it, it becomes second nature.

http://mouseaccel.blogspot.ca/p/blog...-contents.html

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Criggles's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Here is how my curve looks currently. I have my mouse set to 1100 DPI and 1000Hz.

The Post-Scale X/Y determine what happens to the mouse input. The Sensitivity Cap defines the max values for your X/Y after all calculations. So my Post Scale of X/Y halve my sensitivity giving me an effective 550 DPI.

I have an offset added where there is no acceleration. This is to help with some fine adjustments that I would need to make which is always easier at lower dpi. After I pass the offset, my sensitivity slowly increases at a constant rate up to a max of double my lowest sensitivity and gives me an effective sensitivity of 1100 during really fast swipes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	25711