Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Time's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default GTX Titan XP

I figure this should be my first real post on the Forums; the GTX Titan X Pascal. The cause of many a wet dream over the next few weeks.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...-release-date/

So, the downside; No HBM2. HBM2 is to GDDR, what DDR was to SD. Well, that might even be understating it; HBM2 typically sports massive 4/8mbit buses, as compared with the current 192/256-bit busses we're seeing at the moment. When it comes to rendering, or 4K gaming, HBM2 is going to make all the difference in the world.

However, the upside; with it not being HBM2, I've an excuse to cling on to my SLi'd 980's a little longer, and wait it out until the next generation.

Outside of HBM2 though, it's an insane GPU. 12GB GDDRX5, coupled with 3584 Cuda Cores, with a massive boost clock of just over 1.5Ghz. It's currently being hailed as the first "true" 4K Single-GPU Solution. I'd sell my first born for one, but I don't think that'll be enough - $1,200.

So, anyone here got more money than sense, and considering picking one up?

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Boba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Not me lol. I have my eye on either a 1080Ti or possibly waiting on Volta. My 980Ti still easily handles what I need it to

Sent from my Intel i486

MOAR GLUE!!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

My 980 Ti is going strong still. I have a store warranty on it that is a no questions asked policy and may exercise it for a 1080 later this year.

But... I would never tell a GTX Titan it doesn't have a home in my case!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alias': Activision: Zeke009#2424731 |

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

And then come Volta and GTX 1170 beats Titan XP in price and performance just like GTX 1070 beats Titan X and then Titan XP users say again

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Bubblegun40's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My 980Ti sli still serving me well, but as soon as 4k 120hz monitors come out im considering picking one up along with 2 1080Tis, if they boast similar performance to the titan xp