Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon13 The Game is Cheating to maintain Balance

Before you jump on me on this topic, I'd like to say that i do not have actual evidence, this is just my theory and things I've tested so far. I understand that it's a game and i understand losing, this is not about rage loosing, i am always up for some challenge also, this is something completely different. As for the part of my experience, i have killed over 12,000 tanks to come up with this conclusion so leave the "learn how to play, noob" comments on side.

The theory is that the game already decided who will win before the match even got started (playing with odds) for Tank Arcade Battles.

So, for some time now i was thinking that there are crazy amount of illogical things related to ground forces. I've tested my theory and it has "proven" to be right most of the time (except sometimes in teams).

Whenever you have a winning streak of 7 rounds, activate Eagles Wager, pass over 60% Winning ratio, you will end up loosing hard time
    1. You will end up in unbalanced match with half inactive people (maybe even bots from the game, you get the feeling like you are playing alone)
    2. You have a higher chance to be placed with 1.0 higher battle rating than you. ("Challenge" for them is actually "Suicide")
    3. Every shot i take have lower rate of killing an enemy when it should (lets say with is-2 mod-44, you shoot Jadgtiger on side 15m away), while enemy has increased rate of a shell to destroy you even on impossible angles, distance and type of shells. I've tried this with different nations, different angles, different tactics, flanking, the result is you die either way and they are spawn camping you. You will eventually make some kills of course after firing like 20 shells.
    4. Similar to the previous one but this is related to tank's armor. Let's pick the tank "Ferdinand", either he stands like rock for 50 strong shots or get 1 killed with 1 shot frontally from whole tier below him (Tiger H1). This can happen of course but to happen in the kind of matches I'm mentioning above is just too good to be true. Same with all other tanks, somehow they become stronger while you are weaker. Yesterday me and DonnyMack were shooting Tiger H1 for 9 times with is-2-mod44 and Tiger II (H), we know where and how to shoot him, simply everything was bouncing off frontally on the hull (on a loosing match).
    5. When you pass 60% winning ratio, there is a huge chance that the next 15 matches in a row will be all loses (my personal record 19 if i am not wrong), I've heard people claiming that they've lost over 20 matches in a row.

And again, it's a game, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, i am aware of that so no need to mention that in comments also. This is about winning ratio and how the game makes the balance on purpose. I am sure many people that play a lot ground forces feel the same, experienced similar things and slowly lose their sanity and patience.

I want to see your opinion on this topic :)

If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I think your rank has something to do with matches, too. If you start a new account just now, having a low-rank account means you get matched with other low-ranked players. I guess I need to play one longer, to see what happens when that win percentage gets up over 60.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well the matchmaking system tends to place losers at a lower BR or Rounding them down while those on Winning Streaks supposedly don't go up in BR. But most of the time those on Win Streaks feel up-tiered when in fact the higher BR is actually being down tiered because they lost a bunch of games. The game is also really slow at catching losing streaks it might actually have to do with the wager meaning it doesn't downtier because the wager is active and you end up getting crushed for 19+ Battles in a Row. But the fact that it is happening at 60% is strange. I would definitely like to test this whenever I get my hands on an Eagles Wager in other BR's to see if the game really is cheating. What ever happened to reverse engineering to figure out precise mathematics that are taken into effect. I mean we got plenty of people like that playing World of Warcraft we even got Simulation Craft I don't understand why they are guarding how these things are decided unless they are actively trying to hide the fact they are deceiving us F2P'ers that they aren't actively making the game more difficult for us so we have to pay out.

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

First of all, your not suppose to WIN a golden eagle wager,
    so as soon as you activate that wager your game works differently.
    So hits dont count or wont pen where it usually does , your armour is now made out of japenese risepaper like the zero's,
    I once was one shoted in my IS-2 by a tier 1 US tank.(wtf ?)
    Your suppose to BUY gold not win it.

2nd : when ever i play tanks alone, i only win 1 out of every 25/30 matches .
    I think it has more to do with my in-game level (100) then with my win/lose ratio.
    My highest losing streak is 43 i think.it was.
    At one point it was so bad i deleted all my tank presets and didn't play tanks for over a month , thinking about deleting the complete game all together.

I can understand your frustration.. just forget about tanks for awhille and do some planes then slowly pick up tanks again...thats what i did but i don't play tanks a lot anymore.
    Last edited by BoomBoomStick; 08-14-2016 at 07:18 PM.

You are depriving some poor village of its idiot HolyPrinze's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default this is where

Teamwork comes into play. if you want to win those you have to squad with a few of us in 3.7-4.7

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Silkmonger Maybe it's different for some people, from my experience i get to lose at around 60% and get placed with higher tiers. I get down to 55-57% and i get normal matches.

HolyPrinze We are making teams on Teamspeak every day and usually we are 3/4 Tank Destroyers and still we get to see some of these things mentioned above, not only we are good as team, we are also very good alone in single matches where as said previously, strange things happen :)

DigitalRaven Feel free to observe those "strange things" on higher percentage of winning ratio and type it here, more people getting more information about these things would be better for us and understanding how the game works and use it for our advantage.

BoomBoomStick Maybe it has something to do with the level also but these things i've experienced are at level 50 (my level), i don't even want to think what i'll get 50 levels above mine if that's true. Probably gonna delete the game if i am not in mood for airplanes :) To be honest i would not have the patience to lose 43 matches in a row. That's just too much on purpose and wasting time.

------
    If we get to prove these scenarios about match making system, we can use these information to get wagers completed by losing lots of matches on purpose in teams before activation of the wager (unless it's like BoomBoomStick said "game is working differently than").

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Tikkakoski's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I stopped bothering with tanks and certain tiers of planes a long time ago. It's so obviously become a grind fest to pry money out of your wallet it isn't even funny anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue DNinja's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ok Bombar... after you left just now. I played one game, that at this point has me BOILING. Causing me to already consider just uninstalling the game, after spending almost $400+ dollars on premiums (because I like them).

I enter the game run 2 bravo with my IS-2 see a red on the map, behind a bunch of buildings (brick). I stop to see if he will come into line of site. ....BAM one shotted. Kill came? The guy I was waiting on shot me from 150m away through Count them... 6 brick walled buildings.... 12 walls to one shot me....Really? I can't even HIT much less pen a tank through a single brick wall without actually seeing it first. Luck you might say.... nope went up again. again he shoots... disabling my track... only this time another tank on the left of me.... one shots me through 4 buildings..... WTF? last tank.... I spawn with my SU-100Y .... by some god awful luck... in a spot never before spawned in. on the top of some rocks, on the top of a hill, just south of our spawn flag. I have to try and climb over a set of rocks from dead stop with an already slow climbing tank. Only to get engine shot out by a t29 camping across the map. While i'm still in my base! in short, Died 3 times, never even fired a shot. lasted only 2.5 minutes. You have got to be kidding me. Once I died... noticed half my team had already lost all their tanks....in 2.5 minutes!

Anyone explain this away?
    Last edited by DNinja; 08-08-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue DNinja's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

sorry for the rant..... dropped down to 4.7 and rained hell on the enemy with my Calliope and M18. won 3 games in a row (doing all the work of course, placing 1st or 2nd in all 3 games) ..... all is right in the world now. Damn I love the Calliope!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

DNinja you forgot to mention the boiling points of the 15 games before that match we played lol haha

But seriously, the more people test these things, maybe we can find a workaround and use it for our advantage.

Hopefully somebody else has something similar to share maybe?

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

THe is someone on the official forums maintaining a google docs spread sheet of wins/losses and team make ups with and without wagers and trying to see if the is a bias. Last time I looked the was clear evidence of the being a heavy bias towards being up-tiered when running wagers, so I suspect the same for win streaks and good performance. From what I remember it was 30% chance of NOT being up tiered with wager vs 30% chance OF being up-tiered without a wager. So a BIG difference

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DNinja View Post
    Ok Bombar... after you left just now. I played one game, that at this point has me BOILING. Causing me to already consider just uninstalling the game, after spending almost $400+ dollars on premiums (because I like them).

I enter the game run 2 bravo with my IS-2 see a red on the map, behind a bunch of buildings (brick). I stop to see if he will come into line of site. ....BAM one shotted. Kill came? The guy I was waiting on shot me from 150m away through Count them... 6 brick walled buildings.... 12 walls to one shot me....Really? I can't even HIT much less pen a tank through a single brick wall without actually seeing it first. Luck you might say.... nope went up again. again he shoots... disabling my track... only this time another tank on the left of me.... one shots me through 4 buildings..... WTF? last tank.... I spawn with my SU-100Y .... by some god awful luck... in a spot never before spawned in. on the top of some rocks, on the top of a hill, just south of our spawn flag. I have to try and climb over a set of rocks from dead stop with an already slow climbing tank. Only to get engine shot out by a t29 camping across the map. While i'm still in my base! in short, Died 3 times, never even fired a shot. lasted only 2.5 minutes. You have got to be kidding me. Once I died... noticed half my team had already lost all their tanks....in 2.5 minutes!

Anyone explain this away?
    Sounds like one of my regular games to me.
    Something simular happens to me whenever i play tanks alone.
    Trying to do my best playing the obj if possible, and within a few min at least half my team is dead or just left after getting killed 1 time...