Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_GreenMachine1310 View Post
    What's your price range?
    Right now 0 $ haha i got the mic and that will have to hold me off till I get some of my debts down lol

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My headset w/ mic just recently broke so I'm glad I found this thread lol

How do the previous recommendations hold up in the gym? (i.e. sweating, etc.?) I have gym earplugs that are fine, but no mic for gaming. Maybe just get the separate mic?

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Criggles's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Probably won't go over too well as these are all over ear headphones. You can get some of the active styled in-ears, however, the inline microphones on those are not the best.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So I am still in the market for getting a good set of headphones. The microphone recommended in this thread has served me awesomely since this purchase. Do you all think that armin headset is still the bees knees? This would be a stand alone headphone amazing range for music and games would be great. I would then put the mic on the side with its magnet attachment and whalla.

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Any thoughts on headset

You can find Phillips SHP9500s on sale for about $50 on Newegg/Amazon. They absolutely kill any headphone or headset under the $200 price range.

Or you can get Sennheiser 558’s ($189 MSRP but go on sale for about $70 all the time). I personally have the 558’s. Amazing headphones.

I’ve been through my slew of gaming headsets and none of them were close to the quality of my 558’s.

You can get a VMODA microphone cable replacement that has a built in microphone that you can adjust for about $30 off Amazon.

There is no reason to break your bank to get a better audio solution. The Phillips 9500S and a mic should run you around $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_effectiv View Post
    You can find Phillips SHP9500s on sale for about $50 on Newegg/Amazon. They absolutely kill any headphone or headset under the $200 price range.

Or you can get Sennheiser 558’s ($189 MSRP but go on sale for about $70 all the time). I personally have the 558’s. Amazing headphones.

I’ve been through my slew of gaming headsets and none of them were close to the quality of my 558’s.

You can get a VMODA microphone cable replacement that has a built in microphone that you can adjust for about $30 off Amazon.

There is no reason to break your bank to get a better audio solution. The Phillips 9500S and a mic should run you around $80.

Thanks, yea my mic is good from this purchase. I just never got the headphones becaue of the 250 price point lol. I will seek out these two you mention, any other suggestions folks?

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy AOD Member AOD_Centaur6's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

You can't go wrong with HD558, unless you need/want closed headphones instead. Never used those SHP9500, but looks very nice on paper and would buy them in this price-range myself (if I couldn't find HD558 for cheap).

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector effectiv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Centaur6 View Post
    You can't go wrong with HD558, unless you need/want closed headphones instead. Never used those SHP9500, but looks very nice on paper and would buy them in this price-range myself (if I couldn't find HD558 for cheap).
    Warning: LANGUAGE. Dude is super knowledgeable about headphones and is a genuine audiophile but curses like a sailor.

https://youtu.be/aipXii-qWiQ

Something wicked this way comes... AegisPrime's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

For what it's worth, I just grabbed a pair of HyperX's new wireless headphones and I absolutely love them. Very comfortable, good sound quality and long lasting battery. Microphone is a bit meh, but otherwise I love them.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Avoid the G930, the battery and software is shotty at best.

Skittle

I bought some Sony headphones for like and to be honest, they work just as well as any "Gaming Headset" I've ever had. And it hasn't broken/had any issues in the few years I've owned it.

Can I have your Tots SteeleBonz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the tips!! I've been looking for a decent set of headphones and mic that are separate...this thread helped a lot!

Once a BF1 pilot now a BFV gun master! kitten like reflexes AOD Member AOD_Heller222's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I use the wireless Corsair void yellow jacket
    Great headset looks great and doesn't make your head hurt after a long gaming session/29 hours straight and I didn't need to plug it in!!! Headsets got some really good 7.1 surround sound and they don't cheap out on build quality overall I've had this headset for 2 years and it hasn't let me down. And the distance on this headset is great you can walk around the house no problem unless your on the other side of a concrete wall your good.

Check this link out!: https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX68083
    Here's a video review link: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...N8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue TheDarkFlame's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

im a fan of sennheiser their sound signature is awsome they make a beastly headset for gamers without alkl the gamery shit

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Goofy1148's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Darkeligos View Post
    Avoid the G930, the battery and software is shotty at best.
    I use the 930 and works great for me! My first surround headset and will never use anything else again!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12