...at least, half way, that is :)

I honestly thought that I was going to puke every time I saw an ultrawide monitor...always thought they were just so "ewww". That, and I certainly didn't want to think about giving up 144hz / 165hz gaming when I have a rig that can push it (G-Sync or otherwise).

Then I took the plunge. As part of getting settled back into my apartment after the burst pipe adventure 3 weeks ago, yes, spending some spare moolah was defintely a part of the plan.

I drove to Microcenter, walked in, went straight to the monitor section and told the dude with a straight face, "The Asus 34" curved ultrawide with G-Sync, please...". Kudos for him being all like, "You got it..." without ever saying anything else. His colleagues in the section just looked at him like, "You son of a..." :)

(I guess they work on commission, right?)

So...my new baby...and holy hell...I'm in love :)

Even at only being max 100hz (thankfully due to Asus overclocking the refresh rate - w00t!) the experience is incredible with gameplay. I fired up Doom as a quick test and I seriously got chills and started sweating during a pretty intense battle. I don't know if it's the curved aspect or what, plus it being like 5 inches from your face, but man...insane.

I know that Asus is probably prepping the next version of this as being 144hz (or higher) so I can only imagine how much more incredible it's going to get. G-Sync makes it ultra smooth and with it capping out on me at 100 FPS, I honestly cannot tell the difference from being on my other display and capping at 144 or 165 FPS. That was my biggest fear / concern and the one thing that would have made me box it right back up and return it.

Now my deliema is....get a second one (*drool*) or hold out for the other big thing they got coming...the 4K / 144hz 27" display that they showed at Gamescon 2016? :)