Hello all, I'm currently in the planning phase for a really needed computer upgrade. A (what I think was) power surge did something to my current computer and since then I haven't been able to turn it on. I've asked some friends in AOD and they say that theres a 70% chance that only the power supply unit was affected and the rest is fine. Well, a friend is coming during the weekend to take a look at it. Anyway, if its either alright or not, I think I will need to buy a new computer for next year. For both, gaming and study/work reasons.

When it comes to gaming, Im left behind, a lot. I know this is a luxury, but it is what I enjoy, so if you can recommend me a new setup, it would be nice if it is something that can keep up with new games for some years would be nice. (Don't worry, I'm not interested in 4K quality or stuff like that, just some decent visuals and stable FPS)

When it comes to study/work, I'm interested in fast code compile times, and also fast compile times for level design, I know that probably a decent gaming computer would be enough for these requirements, but, since I dont know too much when it comes to hardware, I'll let the experts decide that.

Ok so, with those requirements, now comes my possible budget. First of all, it is not a fixed amount, since I need to pay for meds, and that stuff may require more or less depending on the new doses my doctor gives me. At best I could save up to $1000, so working around that value would be best.

Also, the reason of why I am posting this here is because I have little to no idea about computer parts, what would be the best combinations for a certain budget, etc. Last time I got a computer, my uninformed decision ended up with me getting a videocard that bottleneck'd the system. So that's basically it, I hope I can get some info help to finally acquire a decent computers for new games.

Thank you beforehand.