Hybrid View

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain Owlinaz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Please. I'm not computer savvy could use the input of you comp. Geeks.

Hi all. Playing Warframe mostly in terms of real graphics and using my computer for mostly streaming.

I'm hoping to have more money down the road a little ways, but had my current computer finally die.

I have been playing with a
    GTX 660 graphics card
    1 TB
    AMD 11 Processor
    Win 7

Didn't mind Win 7. Anyway, I'm trying to keep my budget close to $500.00.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Owlinaz
    WF/CO

Don't find fault, find a remedy. -Henry Ford AOD Member AOD_Silencer77's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Floater
    Status
    On Leave

Have a look at this: http://www.xtremegaminerd.com/build-...ler-gaming-pc/

The recommendations aren't bad in my view, and while there may be a few slightly better selections, this would handle most of what you would throw at it.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H170M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($66.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($32.27 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($259.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.88 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $746.08
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-04 09:56 EDT-0400

That's about as low as I would recommend for Warframe and Streaming. The 1060 will handle 1080p of most games like a champ. And the i3-6100 is a great upgrade over your old AMD CPU.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H170M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($66.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($32.27 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($259.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.88 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $746.08
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-04 09:56 EDT-0400

That's about as low as I would recommend for Warframe and Streaming. The 1060 will handle 1080p of most games like a champ. And the i3-6100 is a great upgrade over your old AMD CPU.
    He doesn't need HDD and Case, he could use old Case and HDD and save money. He also, doesn't need to buy a new Windows cause he has a Windows 7 key. He could try download Windows 10 from the Microsoft website and use Windows 7 key to activate. It used to work like that a couple month ago for sure. Although, I haven't tried it after free Windows 10 upgrade got stopped.

So, considering all that then his build is roughly $500

If his old PSU is around 550W then he could drop it off too and instead get a better GPU and CPU
    Like this:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZB69r7

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    He doesn't need HDD and Case, he could use old Case and HDD and save money. He also, doesn't need to buy a new Windows cause he has a Windows 7 key. He could try download Windows 10 from the Microsoft website and use Windows 7 key to activate. It used to work like that a couple month ago for sure. Although, I haven't tried it after free Windows 10 upgrade got stopped.

So, considering all that then his build is roughly $500

If his old PSU is around 550W then he could drop it off too and instead get a better GPU and CPU
    Like this:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZB69r7
    Nope. I wouldn't move a PSU from what looks to be a prebuilt. Wattage != Quality. G2 SuperNova's are the best Quality for the Price. Also, his current case may have bad airflow, so that would hinder components thermally.

Knee High to a Worms Ass crazylandd's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Silencer77 View Post
    Have a look at this: http://www.xtremegaminerd.com/build-...ler-gaming-pc/

The recommendations aren't bad in my view, and while there may be a few slightly better selections, this would handle most of what you would throw at it.
    Hey, also check this good article thecomputerfinder.com - at the end of it you can find very good buids

Knee High to a Worms Ass bestgamingprokey's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default bestgamingprokey

Conceptualized to support the low-energy processors of set-top boxes ... Within the X299M Gaming Pro Carbon lies the capability for gamers bestgamingpro