Can I have your Tots HelioGracie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Racing overview

I used to play Gran Tursimo back in the day but haven't touched a racing sim in forever. What are the most commonly played racing games and the best two modern games.? Any help would be appreciated as I would like to start racing again.

Also what type of controllers are you using? Wheels or controllers?

Danneskjold Repossessions.
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Hi!

What we do is mostly Sim Racing, where Gran Turismo can be considered Arcade / Sim. It's a big step up in difficulty. A controller works, but a force feed back wheel works best.

Our main game is Project Cars. It's pretty good, but slowing down a bit as everyone is waiting for Project Cars 2. Project Cars is currently 66% off at humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...rce=search_bar One spectacular thing about Project Cars is that you don't need the DLC to participate. So if you like the game, you can get the DLC later. We do play other games, but they are more difficult than Project Cars (not to mention some being vastly more expensive).

But Forza Horizon 3 will be releasing in 2 weeks for Windows 10, and that'll be big! We'll definitely have a lot of people playing that.

My name is Captain Dan.

Can I have your Tots HelioGracie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have an xbox usb controller as I am used to using playstation controller for Turismo. Rec room racing is free isn't it?

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Mystic's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Yes, but the free content is very limited and to get more you need to pay up for extra cars and tracks

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Virus's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

I only do Iracing, and I've never played any of the other racing games AOD supports so I can't really chime in on them. But I will say that I ran my entire 1st season in the rookie class using a xbox controller, and did pretty well, picking up 5 poles and a win out of the 8 or so races I ran. But to really appreciate the sim you need a wheel/pedal combo, which I bought after I got to the class up from rookies.

And everyone talks about how expensive iracing is, but coming from a 15 year history of playing MMO's, I really don't see it as expensive. I've spent far more on expansion packs, DLC's or extra gold for WoT, than I have or possibly could on Iracing (I figured it up once cause i'm a nerd like that). Anyway, The laser scanned tracks and adjustability of the cars have me hooked, plus I've seriously addicted to the GP series and the Peak antifreeze series that are broadcast on racespot.tv

If you want to race iracing but have to minimize cost, there are ways to make it cheaper.

EDIT: hahahah.. just realized I was in the PCars threads. Sooooo carry on.. nothing to see here :)