Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_subadaga View Post
    What cooler do you suggest? (I prefer an AIO), I was thinking on buying a Corsair H80i v2 and OC to 4.3 - 4.6 GHz, but I don't know anything about OC other than core multipliers and voltage :/
    I simply adjusted Core Multiplier and voltage is set on auto. Never had any issues with my overclock and my PC runs 18 hours a day, while I do work during the day and then in the evening gaming, video editing, etc

As for AIO. The Corsair H80i is good but I would recommend to go with 240mm radiators if they fit in your case. In this case I would recommend Corsair H11x series (i.e. H110) or NZXT x61 Kraken. I'm planning on getting NZXT x61 Kraken myself to match my NZXT h440 case and also, benchmarks show that this cooler is in top 3 and in many cases in Top 1 when it comes to AIO cooling.
    Currently running on DeepCool Captain 120.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    Never had any issues with AIO
    A few Youtubers i've seen have had a few leak prone AIO units, even Corsairs. As for what i'd personally use if I went AIO, The Corsair H100i is a great cooler.

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat.. Subadaga's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So basically I went to the BIOS, saw a button that says "OC Genie" and I was like, oh well, let's click it and see what happens.

Battlefield 4 seems to run a lot better, from 80 - 90 fps in average, it went all the way up to 120 - 160 fps, with the lowest fps of 90.

This "genie" just OC'd my CPU to 4GHz. Before, the CPU was at 3.70GHz (which is weird since the 4690K should run at 4.0 GHz using Turbo Boost)

I think I'll be getting a Corsair H110i GTX, my case its a Corsair 760T, space shouldn't be a problem.

Finally, I'm going to wait until the Kaby Lake processors and the 1080Ti are released (if the rumors are true) to do the upgrade.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So basically I went to the BIOS, saw a button that says "OC Genie" and I was like, oh well, let's click it and see what happens.

Battlefield 4 seems to run a lot better, from 80 - 90 fps in average, it went all the way up to 120 - 160 fps, with the lowest fps of 90.

This "genie" just OC'd my CPU to 4GHz. Before, the CPU was at 3.70GHz (which is weird since the 4690K should run at 4.0 GHz using Turbo Boost)

I think I'll be getting a Corsair H110i GTX, my case its a Corsair 760T, space shouldn't be a problem.

Finally, I'm going to wait until the Kaby Lake processors and the 1080Ti are released (if the rumors are true) to do the upgrade.

Nice! And yeah, H110i GTX should be a very good cooler.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yea, the OC Genie is what I used for a good while before a Manual OC to 4.6GHz.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Not worth it performance gain wise. Cannonlake is expected to be released during the second half of 2017 and will be LGA 1151 compatible.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Dibola View Post
    Not worth it performance gain wise. Cannonlake is expected to be released during the second half of 2017 and will be LGA 1151 compatible.
    Cannnonlake isn't however going to be Chipset compatible with Skylake and Kabylake. So, you will still need to buy a new mobo.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    Cannnonlake isn't however going to be Chipset compatible with Skylake and Kabylake. So, you will still need to buy a new mobo.
    He'll be upgrading the mobo anyways if he waits, which would be the smart thing to do. Mobo makers may have something up their sleeve though, they've done it before.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Dibola View Post
    It's quite far away and I doubt that it will be anytime in 2017. Just like they promised Kaby Lake and most likely it will be in the store shelves sometime in January 2017. We don't even have official specs of Kaby Lake, only rumours, rumours.
    Also, Cannonlake will be 10nm CPU and I don't think it will support LGA 1151.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12