If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! mikesterthaguyy's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon8 Can't play CS:GO on gaming PC. :(

Hey guys. My folks at the Planetside 2 clan on teamspeak told me that Counterstrike Global Offensive is free, but it is non steam. So I downloaded it through my computer upstairs, opened up the launcher, clicked Play and in typical fashion, it opened up and did fine. However, the computer downstairs that I mainly play my games on is not opening it up. The launcher does open up though, but when I click play, it does nothing. No error window or anything like that. I went as far as waiting a few hours after clicking Play on the launcher, but every time I check on the computer during the day, nothing came to be. Has anybody had that issue? Is there a workaround to it? Both computers are high spec with AMD A10 processors. The upstairs computer has a Radeon HD graphics card while the downstairs computer has a Radeon R7 graphics card. Thanks for the help guys.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Church420's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Unless im mistaken correct me if im wrong but i didnt think CSGO is free, && if there was a download somewhere id assume it has todo with that considering it isnt a legit version? Buhht ive never tried any since i own it myself.
    You can buy steam keys for less then $10 which id recommend since youd be able to buy/sell/trade items.
    Last edited by Church420; 09-27-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Lol CSGO is not free and it's exclusively on steam (as far as I know 0.0)

If you didn't pay money for it and didn't download it off steam then likely it is either some shady ass hacked version or not CSGO at all.

I suggest getting actual CSGO, might work better for ya;) It'll likely go on sale on steam this winter, but it's only like 20 bucks anyway I think.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_mikesterthaguyy View Post
    Hey guys. My folks at the Planetside 2 clan on teamspeak told me that Counterstrike Global Offensive is free, but it is non steam. So I downloaded it through my computer upstairs, opened up the launcher, clicked Play and in typical fashion, it opened up and did fine. However, the computer downstairs that I mainly play my games on is not opening it up. The launcher does open up though, but when I click play, it does nothing. No error window or anything like that. I went as far as waiting a few hours after clicking Play on the launcher, but every time I check on the computer during the day, nothing came to be. Has anybody had that issue? Is there a workaround to it? Both computers are high spec with AMD A10 processors. The upstairs computer has a Radeon HD graphics card while the downstairs computer has a Radeon R7 graphics card. Thanks for the help guys.
    First, I'd like to burst your bubble on your "high end" PC's. AMD A10 APU's are pretty slow and not great compared to their AMD FX bretheren, and ESPECIALLY compared to Intel's Core i series. And Radeon HD series GPU's are about 6 years out of date now. R7 Graphics is probably what is integrated into the second APU.

Secondly, CS:GO is NOT free. And it is ONLY on Steam. What you downloaded is probably a Malware infused piece of crap, and you should remove it immideately and do a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware AND Windows Defender to see if your computer is hopefully not infected with anything.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! mikesterthaguyy's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    First, I'd like to burst your bubble on your "high end" PC's. AMD A10 APU's are pretty slow and not great compared to their AMD FX bretheren, and ESPECIALLY compared to Intel's Core i series. And Radeon HD series GPU's are about 6 years out of date now. R7 Graphics is probably what is integrated into the second APU.

Secondly, CS:GO is NOT free. And it is ONLY on Steam. What you downloaded is probably a Malware infused piece of crap, and you should remove it immideately and do a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware AND Windows Defender to see if your computer is hopefully not infected with anything.
    The computer with the R7 does great. But the HD one does not. After a while, my computer completely freezes, makes a weird noise and eventually blue screens whenever I play any of my steam games. Thankfully, the R7 one is built by my dad and he allows me to play on it! :) My brother has a new Intel i7 and NVIDIA video card spec setup on his current machine and that's exactly what I'm aiming for for my next custom build. As far as the CS:GO game is concerned, the link below is where I got the game from.
    http://cswarzone.com/csgo/

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Church420's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yup just a pirated version you could say, go visit g2a.com (Where i buy most of my games from) n get yoself a key for under $10

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post

Right on point! Agree with everything said in this comment.

If I'm not back in 5... Boycott sniffing glue! Can I have your shampoo? Oogieboogie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ensure that you reset your passwords (particularly steam) on a non-infected device and do not use them on the other PCs until they have been cleaned.