Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New Razor Mouse?

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice...uct-Launch_EDM

Any thoughts on this new product from razaor ? I haven't had any luck with them so far, their products always end up having some kind of circuitry or wiring issue within the first 6 months.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have Razer Mamba Tournament Edition. Had this mouse for almost a year now. I did have a problem with USB cable in the very first 3 month but I got it RMA and they simply shipped me a brand new mouse in an original packaging. The new mouse they shipped me was a revised model and I haven't had any problems ever since. I also have Razer Abyssus and I had that mouse for 3 years without any issues. I still use that mouse up till today for my laptops.

So, I guess I had a bad luck with Razer Mamba but the customer support was great and the issue was resolved fast.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    I have Razer Mamba Tournament Edition. Had this mouse for almost a year now. I did have a problem with USB cable in the very first 3 month but I got it RMA and they simply shipped me a brand new mouse in an original packaging. The new mouse they shipped me was a revised model and I haven't had any problems ever since. I also have Razer Abyssus and I had that mouse for 3 years without any issues. I still use that mouse up till today for my laptops.

So, I guess I had a bad luck with Razer Mamba but the customer support was great and the issue was resolved fast.
    I guess my luck is bad usually when i'm not in America so its harder to return things haha.

What is time to an immortal? AOD Member AOD_Cadimus's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Man are you sure your not getting a mouse that's distend for North Korea?; I've been using Razor products for years never had any problems with them and they usually last me 5+ years
    "In midnight clad"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Darkn3ss F4lls View Post
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice...uct-Launch_EDM

Any thoughts on this new product from razaor ? I haven't had any luck with them so far, their products always end up having some kind of circuitry or wiring issue within the first 6 months.
    Could be good. Big selling points are 450 IPS, 16000 DPI, and resolution accuracy of 99.4%

16000 DPI is nothing new, and I doubt the 450 IPS will make much of a difference if any difference at all when compared to the norm for higher end mice. I've never had one spin out before.

As for the 99.4% resolution accuracy, it'll be interesting to see how it factors into actual game play. I can't find any resolution accuracy numbers for other mice so I have no idea how it compares.

Same old DA shape, so it will favor palm users.

Could definitely be a sweet update to the DA line, but nothing to write home about until we see some reviews.

This will be pretty crucial to Razer's mouse lineup. Logitech has been killing it with the G Pro and G403 recently.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

yea i have a logitech but it is doing that double click again and the only thing i could find online is to unplug it and click alot [didn't work] unplugging it and shipping it home for a month or so worked though haha, at least since August till this weekend.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It's a lighter weight Logitech G502 with a different shell. It's the same Avago sensor that the G502 has, and probably the same Omron switches in the buttons. Only caveat, it's Razor, and most likely poorly made.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    It's a lighter weight Logitech G502 with a different shell. It's the same Avago sensor that the G502 has, and probably the same Omron switches in the buttons. Only caveat, it's Razor, and most likely poorly made.
    Well you are just making assumption here about Razer quality. They are actually well made and have fantastic customer service, as I mentioned above. My friend had Razer mouse for 3 years and when it finally died he contacted Razer and RMA the mouse, turned out the mouse was discontinued and they shipped him a brand new model in the same price range as the original was. As I mentioned above, I have 2 Razer mice. One of them is over 3 years old and works flawless even today and another one is Razer Mamba Tournament edition and it is the best RTS mouse in 2016 if you just google for reviews. It's also pretty decent in FPS games even though it has laser sensor. However we all know that laser sensors have better tracking than optical, while optical is good for those who lift off hand while moving mouse, which I personally don't, therefore I have good headshot rate in games like BF4 and can react faster with high precision.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would probably have no problem with the mouse, i buy these keyboard style ones but never really ever use them all.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well you are just making assumption here about Razer quality. They are actually well made and have fantastic customer service, as I mentioned above. My friend had Razer mouse for 3 years and when it finally died he contacted Razer and RMA the mouse, turned out the mouse was discontinued and they shipped him a brand new model in the same price range as the original was. As I mentioned above, I have 2 Razer mice. One of them is over 3 years old and works flawless even today and another one is Razer Mamba Tournament edition and it is the best RTS mouse in 2016 if you just google for reviews. It's also pretty decent in FPS games even though it has laser sensor. However we all know that laser sensors have better tracking than optical, while optical is good for those who lift off hand while moving mouse, which I personally don't, therefore I have good headshot rate in games like BF4 and can react faster with high precision.
    Yea... I didn't really have a great experience with my Razer Kraken Pro. The cable on it is terrible (non-Braided, EVERY cable should ALWAYS be braided, it's not hard and it makes it stronger!) and the splitter was easily broken, rendering the microphone on it completely useless. And, the "knockoff" cables don't work. So, I had to buy a new headset, that time I bought a Logitech G35. Which was nicer, but not perfect. No, the best headset I've had the pleasure of putting on my head is the Kingston HyperX Cloud 1. 70 USD well spent.

As for Mice. I've held both the Naga and original Deathadder. It felt like I could crush them both in one hand! The G502 has a great construction and feels indestructible.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yea... I didn't really have a great experience with my Razer Kraken Pro. The cable on it is terrible (non-Braided, EVERY cable should ALWAYS be braided, it's not hard and it makes it stronger!) and the splitter was easily broken, rendering the microphone on it completely useless. And, the "knockoff" cables don't work. So, I had to buy a new headset, that time I bought a Logitech G35. Which was nicer, but not perfect. No, the best headset I've had the pleasure of putting on my head is the Kingston HyperX Cloud 1. 70 USD well spent.

As for Mice. I've held both the Naga and original Deathadder. It felt like I could crush them both in one hand! The G502 has a great construction and feels indestructible.
    I personally have Razer Kraken Pro 2015 headsets and I don't like them. As a matter of fact, I don't like any of headsets - tried many but owned only 1. This was my first and last time buying any of Gaming Headsets. I will be going old school: DJ Headphones + good mic. I'm looking at Phillips A5PRO right now, they are totally awesome and were designed in collaboration with most awarded DJ in the world Armin Van Buuren. There is nothing wrong with Razer Kraken Pro 2015 in terms of built quality but I hate how the voice and other sounds are washed out - one has to use equalizer and a lot of software to get some sort of sense out of them. And this is something I noticed happening a lot with so called Gaming Headsets.

As for mice, did you try Razer Mamba? I tried G502, didn't feel any difference between Razer Mamba and G502 in terms of built quality or feel. The side buttons on G502 felt a bit wobbly tho.
    However, aside from all that I will be replacing Keyboard and Mouse with Corsair and will no longer have any Gaming Headsets and will go old school as I used to do back in good old days: DJ headphones + mic.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I personally have Razer Kraken Pro 2015 headsets and I don't like them. As a matter of fact, I don't like any of headsets - tried many but owned only 1. This was my first and last time buying any of Gaming Headsets. I will be going old school: DJ Headphones + good mic. I'm looking at Phillips A5PRO right now, they are totally awesome and were designed in collaboration with most awarded DJ in the world Armin Van Buuren. There is nothing wrong with Razer Kraken Pro 2015 in terms of built quality but I hate how the voice and other sounds are washed out - one has to use equalizer and a lot of software to get some sort of sense out of them. And this is something I noticed happening a lot with so called Gaming Headsets.

As for mice, did you try Razer Mamba? I tried G502, didn't feel any difference between Razer Mamba and G502 in terms of built quality or feel. The side buttons on G502 felt a bit wobbly tho.
    However, aside from all that I will be replacing Keyboard and Mouse with Corsair and will no longer have any Gaming Headsets and will go old school as I used to do back in good old days: DJ headphones + mic.
    Get a Magicforce 68 or Ducky keyboard instead of a Corsair Keyboard. You can't really change the keycaps on a Corsair because they use a substandard bottom row. And, one of the perks of getting a Mechanical Keyboard, is the ability to change Keycaps whenenver you want for a new look.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Get a Magicforce 68 or Ducky keyboard instead of a Corsair Keyboard. You can't really change the keycaps on a Corsair because they use a substandard bottom row. And, one of the perks of getting a Mechanical Keyboard, is the ability to change Keycaps whenenver you want for a new look.
    Magicforce 68 does not have numpad. I need that numpad when I work. I use my gaming rig for work and gaming. Ducky might be an option.
    Btw, I got Logitech G502 Spectrum RGB. Very good mouse. I guess when I tried at the store that demo mouse probably was abused or something.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Magicforce 68 does not have numpad. I need that numpad when I work. I use my gaming rig for work and gaming. Ducky might be an option.
    Btw, I got Logitech G502 Spectrum RGB. Very good mouse. I guess when I tried at the store that demo mouse probably was abused or something.
    I mean, you could get a separate Numpad. It would be smaller than a 104 key still.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Criggles's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Looks like they're upgrading it with the 3366 which is the current king of optical sensors. Probably will be a custom Razer implementation. Likely worth an upgrade if you're already comfortable with the DA shape and have an older DA.

Personally using a Logitech G Pro. Already have one of Ceesa's paracord cables here to replace the crap braided cable on the mouse. Just waiting for some feet to be delivered.

If you want a Logitech equivalent, the G403 was released in both wired and wireless versions with the same shape.

Having owned a ridiculous amount of mice, the clicks on Logitech mice are probably, if not the best. Only the cables are terrible which can be replaced fairly easily if you don't mind opening the mouse up.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Criggles View Post
    Looks like they're upgrading it with the 3366 which is the current king of optical sensors. Probably will be a custom Razer implementation. Likely worth an upgrade if you're already comfortable with the DA shape and have an older DA.

Personally using a Logitech G Pro. Already have one of Ceesa's paracord cables here to replace the crap braided cable on the mouse. Just waiting for some feet to be delivered.

If you want a Logitech equivalent, the G403 was released in both wired and wireless versions with the same shape.

Having owned a ridiculous amount of mice, the clicks on Logitech mice are probably, if not the best. Only the cables are terrible which can be replaced fairly easily if you don't mind opening the mouse up.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    I just got Logitech G502 Spectrum RGB one day ago and comparing it with my Razer Mamba Tournament Edition that costs exactly same amount of money. Cable quality is slightly better than on Razer Mamba - I like how Logitech implemented cable output on the mouse, where the stiff shielding is much longer and stronger that prevents cable to wear out. Moreover, for the same amount of money Logitech gives way more features including weight adjustment. The scroll I kinda like more on Razer Mamba - it's quieter and a bit more accurate. In terms of comfort I like them both. As for the most important part, Sensor is much better on Logitech 502 Spectrum. I can feel an improvement here. Although, if you are doing some work then I like the tracking on Razer Mamba - it's a bit more accurate when it comes to tracking.

Overall, I like Logitech G502 and do not regret it. Played some BF4 and here and there Logitech is better and here and there Mamba is better. So, overall for FPS games they are pretty much equal. Depends really on your play-style. Logitech is better for Sniper Rifles tho. Razer Mamba is more meant for RTS games. However, Logitech weight adjustment can change the mouse rapidly and allow it to adjust for any type of game. So, it's more multi purpose mouse, which is really great.

As for software, Razer Synapse can be easier to use but Logitech has more features and advantages to setup mouse to your liking.

Let the rivers flow red with the blood of our enemies PS_Anubis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Save the razors for shaving, use a Logitech lol

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I just got Logitech G502 Spectrum RGB one day ago and comparing it with my Razer Mamba Tournament Edition that costs exactly same amount of money. Cable quality is slightly better than on Razer Mamba - I like how Logitech implemented cable output on the mouse, where the stiff shielding is much longer and stronger that prevents cable to wear out. Moreover, for the same amount of money Logitech gives way more features including weight adjustment. The scroll I kinda like more on Razer Mamba - it's quieter and a bit more accurate. In terms of comfort I like them both. As for the most important part, Sensor is much better on Logitech 502 Spectrum. I can feel an improvement here. Although, if you are doing some work then I like the tracking on Razer Mamba - it's a bit more accurate when it comes to tracking.

Overall, I like Logitech G502 and do not regret it. Played some BF4 and here and there Logitech is better and here and there Mamba is better. So, overall for FPS games they are pretty much equal. Depends really on your play-style. Logitech is better for Sniper Rifles tho. Razer Mamba is more meant for RTS games. However, Logitech weight adjustment can change the mouse rapidly and allow it to adjust for any type of game. So, it's more multi purpose mouse, which is really great.

As for software, Razer Synapse can be easier to use but Logitech has more features and advantages to setup mouse to your liking.
    So my only problem making this thread in the beginning is, my Logitech mouse is double clicking.