Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Canada2 Other flight game recommendations

Howdy folks.

As much as I "like" War Thunder I was wondering if I could ask for some recommendations for some other flight games that you all enjoyed playing. I mostly enjoy WW2 era flight games but if some modern games are tossed at me I will give them a look also.

"like" - I enjoy with the stipulation of knowing the following: This game is like a black hole for me. I can try to escape it but it will always pull me back in. Some days it is fun and I embrace the pull, others... Well we've all been there.

Thank you,

Physics68.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do. AOD Member AOD_J3ST3RKN1GHT's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I enjoy similar games, and I like Microsoft flight sim. It is on sale regularly and is a pretty decent game

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_Shadoxfilms's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Ok, there are a few options that you can consider

1. Microsoft Flight Simulator X / prepare3d
    -Pros-
    -can be fairly cheap (steam edition)
    -models the entire world
    -lots of addons (more on that in a second)
    -As much realism as you want

-cons-
    -some of the addons can be fairly expensive
    -old software still has its issues, (prepare 3d fixed most of these)
    -default scenery is pretty lackluster, (although to be fair, it is the entire world)

Some addons I recommend for WW2 Birds
    A2A makes the best addons as far as realism goes, everything from engine cooling, to spark plug fouling is accounted for
    -Note: these are fairly expensive for addons, but well worth it in my opinion
    They sell their products in 2 parts, the base airplane, and then the accu-sim addition (the accusim is what adds the realism)
    They sell the B-17, P-51, P-47, T-6, and the p-40
    https://a2asimulations.com/store/ind...126e4718c34afc
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_dc88 View Post
    Shadox went on LOA until Feb. This drove Deity into a deep depression and he stepped down as CO so now Redguard is our boss. He managed to keep Deity on as XO.

*note* this is sensationalized cliffnotes.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_Shadoxfilms's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Another Option is DCS, I recommend getting the DCS World on steam (its free, and even comes with a free su-25)

Everything here is hyper realism to the max!

They have a few WW2 birds like the P-51, BF-109 and the FW-190

-PROS-
    Super realistic
    Great graphics
    Online multiplayer combat
    Many of the birds have fully functional cockpits

-CONS-
    High learning curve for some of their jets (looking at you A-10C) = lots of time reading the flight manuals
    Not many people use warbirds in online, preferring the Jet fighters, so you will be vastly outclassed
    Can be fairly expensive after a few addon purchases

Heres a link to their page on all their planes, and they have different maps as well https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...nes/?PAGEN_1=2

I personally Love DCS, I've spent a lot of time in the A-10C and even though it requires a lot of effort, its well worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_dc88 View Post
    Shadox went on LOA until Feb. This drove Deity into a deep depression and he stepped down as CO so now Redguard is our boss. He managed to keep Deity on as XO.

*note* this is sensationalized cliffnotes.