AOD Member
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Warhammer
    Status
    Active

Default Dev Blogs

I will keep this post updated with the latest dev blogs from the bE team.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/3752...37697915205660 - First Week Patch + First Month Content Update + Pre-order bonus extension + 10,000 RTC
    http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582...38331822920328 - New patch, no volcano, October focus!
    Last edited by AOD_Darkn3ss F4lls; 10-06-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Steam - Origin - UPlay - YOUTUBE -TWITCH

AOD4Life - Have Questions About AOD? Ask me! - Support the Clan! - Referal Key: EC-A87Q4ZAYC252B

A PBS mind in an MTV world
    AOD Member
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Warhammer
    Status
    Active

Geekout

New patch, no volcano, October focus!
    OCTOBER 5 - OVEUR_BHVR

I'm back from my lightning trip "home" to Iceland, which consisted of getting to know a lot of people intimately with plastic gloves in security and immigration, then meeting my son and daughter, dad's 60th birthday and then more plastic glove experiences. On the way home, you pervert.

I was hoping Hekla would erupt and ground all flights to extend my vacation a little bit but then thought that might be a little selfish of me. Besides, plastic gloves.

Anywho, onto the important things to make sure you know we're still here fixing, improving and expanding.

First off, new patch is in final testing today. Cross your tentacles as we fire off a candidate build today because it would mean a patch before the weekend. Patch notes are being built and you'll notice balancing, fixes, overall more wargear, fixes, quality of life improvements, fixes and just general improvements. No one big huge thing as that's saved for the monthly updates. Well, with some exceptions.

Which brings me to the October focus of the team, who moved off this fix patch a while ago when it went into stabilization and testing and started work on the next fix patch. That's how we do it here.

We have a focus and we try to achieve as much as we can within those categories. We also have a theme for the big monthly updates but generally, our monthly focus is set based on feedback and the state of the game and what needs fixing. That's why we can't tell you exactly what's happening in November quite yet. The highlights for October, which are not all inclusive, are:

• Store, Supply Crate and Character Progression: More cheap wargear, bundles and even some free stuff for customization. This is inline with our policy of not being pay to win. With the lack and mix of wargear available from these 3 sources, some of them incorrectly set, you can easily get that perception. This also means balancing the contents of the above and what comes out of these 3 respective channels. This work never ends.
    • Campaigns: This is the system which works with the World Map and ties everything together. Faction goals. Personal goals. Guild goals. PVE goals. They then tie into the World Wap and you'll see these be added progressively over time. It's probably the feature we cried the most about not being ready at launch but it's first iteration is just around the corner.
    • Balancing: Game balancing between factions, weapons and wargear. This never ends, as we continue deploying in every patch more balancing to combat.
    • Menu Flow: Inventory screen, store vs loadout flow, etc. making it all more easy, intuitive and clear. While we usually call this "Quality of life" the focus is on the menu flow right now as a part of that.
    • Eldar and Orks animation polish: More polish on them. We got those animations late and we're polishing them more along with starting work on uhm ... well, we'll talk about that on Twitch on Friday 2PM EST.

And of course, always fixing. That's it for now from us, as we continue to work towards our dreams. I believe some of them we have in common. We'll see.

Ave, crusaders.

Nathanstillabitjetlagged

AOD4Life - Have Questions About AOD? Ask me! - Support the Clan! - Referal Key: EC-A87Q4ZAYC252B

A PBS mind in an MTV world
    AOD Member
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Warhammer
    Status
    Active

Pre-order bundle extended, 10K RTC for you my friends, patch today
    SEPTEMBER 29 - OVEUR_BHVR

Being the lying dream crushing devil that I am, I bring you more horrible news. I'm very sorry for this as I know many of you don't agree with my opinion and that you have other opinions on what we are.

First. The pre-order bundle of weapons will be extended to last weekend of October. I had mentioned this before but felt it would be more evil to allow those on the fence to have more time. I might even extend this further, the Slaneeshi devil that I am.

Second. As a token of our appreciation for all newcomers, early access participators and founders, I am giving you 10,000 Rogue Trader Credits that will be credited to directly your account.

Third. We are in final testing of the first patch today. It contains 147 various balancing, system changes, fixes and improvements. I would like to get it out today but since I like My Khorne-flakes, I might do it tomorrow morning just to be mean.

Fourth. If you didn't know, we are available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazil and Russian. It doesn't help me very much being Icelandic (working on it) but perhaps you appreciate having the interface and barks in your own language.

Fifth. Since this patch already entered testing 3 days ago, most of the team is working next weeks patch and the first monthly update. I am afraid of saying "free" now since somehow people misunderstood that all our updates are "free" and by saying "free" they though I would eventually charge. Now, I know my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, but I don't charge.

Sixth. Regional servers. We couldn't open them earlier due to security and how we were testing but they are coming, including fun mechanism to choose battles. This will not split the playerbase, one of the main reasons for this being difficult. You know, since our previous technology provider couldn't provide.

Seventh. I love you all and I am taking off today to Iceland for four days, since my father who lives in Denmark is having his 60th birthday there. Little does he know I'm taking over his birthday party to have my 40th birthday party. It's what Slaneesh would do.