Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue zeezorro's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Stream Overlay Request

Hi, i'm looking for a Twitch Overlay that, if possible, could be animated and horror/ dark themed. Static would be fine, And if possible, something kind of like this http://iniizane.deviantart.com/art/M...54386559&qo=42

Thank you!

First take the plank out of your own eye.
    Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

Check out Adapt1ve's stream page. He's shared it with others in PS2 and has said he can make it available if people like it.

https://www.twitch.tv/adapt1vegamer

I don't twitch much, so I don't know if this is good/great/mediocre/whatever, but it was first I thought of.

Art by Blinix

Thoughts become Actions. Actions become Habits. Habits become Character.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue zeezorro's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'll Check it out, thanks :)

I've updated my privacy policy AOD Member AOD_Nozama's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

We've never built a Clan wide overlay due to the fact that different people have different requirements. i.e. resolution, camera position, game ui, stream announcements etc are all going to have to have some individual needs and style.

Here's some general guidelines that have been approved by most of the divisions leaders, however, they will have their own rules or variations that must be followed.

AOD General Streaming Guide.

So, you’d like to stream AOD Events and you’re wondering if we have any rules. Of course we do.

Streaming is a part of any active gaming community and we encourage you to stream as often as possible and will offer any support needed, however, rules are in place to protect our information and reputation.

These are general rules for streaming with AOD, your Divsion NCO's may have a more comprehensive list of rules that are division dependent and should always be consulted for authorization before you begin a stream.

PVE

NCO requests must be followed without question, if you feel the request is unfair take it up offline not in channel or stream and an NCO will be happy to explain why the request was made.

No delay is required (dependent on game)

Streamers must broadcast from the streaming channel unless all parties agree to allow the current operations to be streamed from the public channels (i.e. Dev events, Public raids).

All parties must agree to allow communications to be streamed or you must separate communications from your stream audio if in a public channel.

Methods to separate audio

Streamers must announce that they are streaming (change nickname) i.e. (AOD_Sgt_Nozama – Streaming) if allowed to stream in a public channel.

If streaming is allowed in a public channel you must be willing to relocate back to the streaming channel if asked.

Teamspeak, in game Chat and any Guild specific addons must be covered or minimized while streaming. (These would be addons that are specific to your game that facilitate group interaction but are not hacks. i.e. Firefall group chat was created to facilitate conversation across multiple armies due to army member caps.)

In games where defense and base design is important, there should be no interior shots and visibility of defenses should be minimized as much as possible. In addition no security codes, pins or storage contents should ever be exposed on stream.

PVP

All PVE rules+

5 minute or greater delay required

Streaming is currently only allowed in the streaming channel for PVP.

================================================== ===================

You’re welcome to promote your stream within the army TS3 through comments or links as well as self promoting on the forums.

We don't have specific overlays due to the complexity in building one overlay for all ui's and resolutions but there are examples below. A bare minimum of at least our logo & a link to ClanAOD.net should be in the channel description section.

Never alter this logo without SgtMajor approval

Transmutation Font used in ClanAOD.net logo

Ogilvie Font from Clan Logo

Overlay examples

================================================== ===================

If these rules work for you and you'd like to be a featured streamer or you have further questions, please reach out to a division NCO or AOD_Nozama ARK XO

This is a living document and will be updated based on requests and input from streamers and Leadership.
    Last edited by AOD_Nozama; 09-28-2016 at 01:31 PM. Reason: updating
    "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
    Plato

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Awesome post Nozama, do you have any good tutorials for sizing ? Is the best to take a screen capture of your screen while playing. Then make HD image size and shrink it down to fit in positions around there?

I use a couple different programs and can just have layers of pictures etc on top of the screen too.

I've updated my privacy policy AOD Member AOD_Nozama's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

That's what I do, a screen cap of each of the different game modes and then design the overlay to cover and show what I desire. It comes with your resolution and ui, if someone would like help designing one, this would also be the ask at a minimum from any of the AOD artists.

Sometimes it's required to switch overlays with modes if you're not able to create one that works for the game all the time.
    Last edited by AOD_Nozama; 09-28-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
    Plato

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Nozama View Post
    That's what I do, a screen cap of each of the different game modes and then design the overlay to cover and show what I desire. It comes with your resolution and ui, if someone would like help designing one, this would also be the ask at a minimum from any of the AOD artists.

Sometimes it's required to switch overlays with modes if I'm you're able to create one that works for the game all the time.
    I'm pretty sure i can do that, I picked up dXtory a while back think thats the one that lets me setup so even a dos game can be in 1080 etc. Would let me have loadouts and one of which could be game modes, though atm EC is only two game modes.