Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy wootiesmofo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Steam controller

Sooo. Getting the vive as soon as riding season for the motorcycles over here in texas, and wanted to know if anyone uses this controller and their opinion? I heard the two together is epic but just wanna know thoughts on it, or should i stay with my xboxone for pc.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The steam controller is neat, I would not really recommend replacing a regular controller with it. I have one, and there are times where I wish that I had the right stick instead of the trackpad it has. It does have some games where it's really good (can't remember what games I have where that is the case). It's personal preference, though, I think. If you have a friend who has one, ask them if you can test it out, get a feel for it.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I EpicBlob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

First, its going to take a while to get accustomed to it. The touchpads are definitely much more different than any other type of gamepad. The software is great, within a couple button presses you can upload custom made community configurations already setup for virtually every steam game.
    Using it, I tend not to use/like it for fast games like shooters, its great for games like Talos Principle or portal or RTS. Also, my biggest love for it is being able to control my desktop from my couch and play games I never would have been able to with a controller like runescape and other browser games. You can also navigate around your desktop with it. My use for it is probably 30% steam games, 70% couch desktop use/browser games. Your call, I love having it and it comes in handy the many times I want to be on my PC but not in a chair with a keyboard and mouse :)