what the fuck is an apex AOD Member AOD_neruxxx's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Default AMS SPECIAL EVENTS proposal (please read)

so, as a community we havent done anything lately. (theres more than iracing in life)
    my idea is to do endurance special events (based on gorillas thoughts so much credit to him)
    but instead of doing a weekly thing we could do it twice a month or maybe one per month, the reason is that i want to push for a special event endurance race in AMS.
    we have really good tracks with updated ams features to do IMSA style races (using the eec mods that are being updated regularly).

we dont do much as a community to meet each other and new people, we're just doing hotlapping sessions on the saturday pcars "league" and thats it. new members stop showing and we have no in house big events besides the iracers doing something.
    this is not intended as a tryharding race and pretty much the idea is to gather people and to a big event as an AOD community and not just "aod members doing something in a game".

so for the first event that i propose is to do our own petit lemans
    game: AMS
    reason: good batch of features, proper night/day cycles, dynamic track, driver swap and easy to set up servers.
    type of race: 3 hours multi class. imsa style.
    8x time scale, tyre wear to be determined and reduced mechanical damage (to disencourage dnf's because silly mistakes)

more details to be talked between members.

i do want this community to something as a big "family" as it is right now we pretty much do nothing between fellow members.
    we do no practice sessions or weekly trackdays just to have fun, in the in thats what we all want. be it from winning or just having the pleasure of driving a virtual sports car.

cheers

ps: if you do have a suggestion of game choice or other stuff like that please do comment.
    if you have any thoughts about the actual state of the community please express your opinon on what we could be doing, i look at those awesome bf4 special events and i dont know what to think about our little racing safe space.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_ZedZedski's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Hey, I totally agree. The only time when I get together with AOD members is on the Saturday afternoon in PCars. I do run practice sessions in PCars almost every night. I create a Room "Clan AOD Practice" and the password is the same as for Saturday PCars race. So, if you see me doing practice session then feel free to join me. Usually it's between 7:00pm - 11:00pm EST.

As for making events more opened not only for AOD but also for other's I suggest that we start approaching other communities, forums and put AOD name out there.
    Back in the days 2002 - 2006 I was in an Need For Speed and rFactor community and we approached other communities and created weekly tournaments between "Clans", "Teams" and it was a lot of fun.

I see a lot of AOD members racing in PCars but I rarely see them racing together. Why not join your fellow members or just shout out in Steam chat? Also, I never see AOD members in Project Cars Team Speak except Saturdays. Like for example, I saw today at least 4 AOD members playing PCars, but none of them were in TS. I always see iRacing division there but that's about it.

Perhaps we could create some sort of mini tournaments out there with some small prize: "be it a $5 game", be it any Racing game we play. I've noticed that this is what Battlefield division is doing and I participated in one such event and it was fun (I ended up winning a free copy of BF Hardline).

Just to add to all this. I like Project Cars but since it's not that active game here I'm seriously considering to move on to iRacing, which I will do anyways but if PCars will be going on like this then it will be just a side game for me to enjoy from time to time. Not to even mention Assetto Corsa, which was dead for me since I got that game and played only for like 12 hours or so but it was fun this night tho:

Perhaps, this would be fun to go for a ride like this from time to time, create some awesome video's that people will enjoy and I'm sure there will be a lot people who will want to join our Racing Community because of such fun open world ride.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    Hey, I totally agree. The only time when I get together with AOD members is on the Saturday afternoon in PCars. I do run practice sessions in PCars almost every night. I create a Room "Clan AOD Practice" and the password is the same as for Saturday PCars race. So, if you see me doing practice session then feel free to join me. Usually it's between 7:00pm - 11:00pm EST.

As for making events more opened not only for AOD but also for other's I suggest that we start approaching other communities, forums and put AOD name out there.
    Back in the days 2002 - 2006 I was in an Need For Speed and rFactor community and we approached other communities and created weekly tournaments between "Clans", "Teams" and it was a lot of fun.

I see a lot of AOD members racing in PCars but I rarely see them racing together. Why not join your fellow members or just shout out in Steam chat? Also, I never see AOD members in Project Cars Team Speak except Saturdays. Like for example, I saw today at least 4 AOD members playing PCars, but none of them were in TS. I always see iRacing division there but that's about it.

Perhaps we could create some sort of mini tournaments out there with some small prize: "be it a $5 game", be it any Racing game we play. I've noticed that this is what Battlefield division is doing and I participated in one such event and it was fun (I ended up winning a free copy of BF Hardline).

Just to add to all this. I like Project Cars but since it's not that active game here I'm seriously considering to move on to iRacing, which I will do anyways but if PCars will be going on like this then it will be just a side game for me to enjoy from time to time. Not to even mention Assetto Corsa, which was dead for me since I got that game and played only for like 12 hours or so but it was fun this night tho:

Perhaps, this would be fun to go for a ride like this from time to time, create some awesome video's that people will enjoy and I'm sure there will be a lot people who will want to join our Racing Community because of such fun open world ride.
    i do join your lobbies from time to time, also i join 2112 when hes racing in random gt3 lobbies (i hope he gets his gear working properly soon) but we need something bigger than just our casual pickups, at least to get some sense of community going.
    the only ones that got their team thing right are the g55 guys, props to them. specially glen that gives this good vibe always.
    i dont encourage prizes as that will go mostly to the same top 3 guys. this is not just for competition but for fraternity.
    right now i feel that the status of the division and the spirit i get from iracing events goes directly against the ideals that aod proposes when you join.

my main gripe is that this only becomes an iracing thing only with the main motivation of being fast and get those internet points going on.

i can host lobbies weekly without issues as my schedule is fairly flexible, but for a bug event i would need someone with better upload rates as i only have 2 mbs up.

also i stopped being all the time in TS wating for someone to pick up on some racing while the iracing room always has their things going on.
    remember: people attracts people so if a newbie only sees a single guy from time to time they wont show up either.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_ZedZedski's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_neruxxx View Post
    i dont encourage prizes as that will go mostly to the same top 3 guys. this is not just for competition but for fraternity.

i can host lobbies weekly without issues as my schedule is fairly flexible, but for a bug event i would need someone with better upload rates as i only have 2 mbs up.
    The prizes in Battlefield division work in such way that the same person cannot take the prize twice in a row so the next person gets that opportunity. It's just some symbolic prize, nothing big but still fun to have something that makes the whole competition even more interesting. Last Saturday I was gonna suggest to put a small prize, like a $5 game who ever would win Brands Hatch in PCars but then somehow I guess WeDGE read my mind and he began to talk about Civilization 6.

I don't mind hosting lobbies as long as they are after 6pm during weekdays. My upload speed is 20 Mbps tho. I hope that is enough for hosting a lobby.

I do agree about TS that there are only iRacing division members online. I'm a newbie myself and when I joined AOD I was kinda lonely and that's why I joined part time Battlefield division, even though I'm a retired veteran in FPS games.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

The prizes in Battlefield division work in such way that the same person cannot take the prize twice in a row so the next person gets that opportunity. It's just some symbolic prize, nothing big but still fun to have something that makes the whole competition even more interesting. Last Saturday I was gonna suggest to put a small prize, like a $5 game who ever would win Brands Hatch in PCars but then somehow I guess WeDGE read my mind and he began to talk about Civilization 6.

I don't mind hosting lobbies as long as they are after 6pm during weekdays. My upload speed is 20 Mbps tho. I hope that is enough for hosting a lobby.

I do agree about TS that there are only iRacing division members online. I'm a newbie myself and when I joined AOD I was kinda lonely and that's why I joined part time Battlefield division, even though I'm a retired veteran in FPS games.
    i did the same with battlefield, and i was retired from fps too.

we need to get something more polished and get some exposure, stream our races and such.
    also i do think that a weekdays trackday event just for fun would be awesome. like those nords cruise servers.
    maybe we could get to know each other in something more dynamic than "pit exit" "gr bye".

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

i did the same with battlefield, and i was retired from fps too.

we need to get something more polished and get some exposure, stream our races and such.
    also i do think that a weekdays trackday event just for fun would be awesome. like those nords cruise servers.
    maybe we could get to know each other in something more dynamic than "pit exit" "gr bye".
    Yeah, streaming would be great and I'm actually considering to do it soon.
    Also, since I'm making these PCars AOD video's, I ask for support to spread them around. Feel free to share them anywhere. I'm going to put that AOD logo intro in every racing video from now on. I don't mind to upload some of them to AOD Clan.net new YouTube channel.

Yeah weekdays trackday event sounds like fun. And I think we should create more opened lobbies so that others can join. Like I understand the reason why we have password on PCars GT3 tournament but why not create similar event where we fill it up with AOD members as much as possible and just leave it open for anyone to join and see how it goes. I'm sure there are still a lot of people who would be glad to join AOD team in PCars. Also, we should do that for other games as well.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Yeah, streaming would be great and I'm actually considering to do it soon.
    Also, since I'm making these PCars AOD video's, I ask for support to spread them around. Feel free to share them anywhere. I'm going to put that AOD logo intro in every racing video from now on. I don't mind to upload some of them to AOD Clan.net new YouTube channel.

Yeah weekdays trackday event sounds like fun. And I think we should create more opened lobbies so that others can join. Like I understand the reason why we have password on PCars GT3 tournament but why not create similar event where we fill it up with AOD members as much as possible and just leave it open for anyone to join and see how it goes. I'm sure there are still a lot of people who would be glad to join AOD team in PCars. Also, we should do that for other games as well.
    we had 2 great gt3 races in assetto corsa, but if we dont have a small group of aod members running we're not going to attract people.
    spa and imola were great, then nobody showed up for brands gp and we ended up shutting the whole league down.
    same issue in the CART league for ams, aod members stopped racing with us and with the extra difficulty of having to set up a mod and update it less people showed, even a couple regular randoms were in every race and it was a cool experience.

people attracts people, and new guys want a sense of membership to stick together.
    like when you get into your usual cs:go server and say hi to the regulars and have fun doing your thing.

i urge you guys to voice your opinions and suggestions, with explained reasons and honesty.

This statement is false AOD_Venom's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

First of all, I agree with some of what you have said. There does need to be more to this division than iRacing events. And, for a good long while we filled the entire week with healthy leagues in Project Cars. When iRacing was initially brought into the mix, it was simply a smaller group of guys who made up a tight knit competitive element. As time has gone on, several members have decided to move onto that sim for various reasons and there's a lot more there. Doesn't mean we forgot how to have fun, but we need to work harder at bringing back those old good fun events we had.

This is one reason we brought on other sims - AC and AMS. AMS has some ideas in the works currently, and your ideas will certainly be taken into consideration. In fact, those who wish to start up leagues are often given the chance to do so - so long as you are able to stick with officiating/organizing it. My advice to you would be to start a new thread with an idea for a trial league/event, set a date, and start getting people onboard or refer some new members to fill out the field.

All that said, while I'm open to hearing ideas, I am not open to reading any implied finger pointing or blaming of perceived "groups" within this division based on what sim they happen to play. One thing we all need to learn is that as an AOD Member, no matter what game you play or division you're in, you're to be treated with the same respect. If you haven't spoken to someone in the division in a long time because they play another sim than you, then why not try saying hi sometime and you'll learn they really aren't that different from you.

We CAN do better at improving our experience, and will. So this thread will be taken to heart when we plan the future. Keep providing your ideas and constructive criticism.

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Venom View Post
    First of all, I agree with some of what you have said. There does need to be more to this division than iRacing events. And, for a good long while we filled the entire week with healthy leagues in Project Cars. When iRacing was initially brought into the mix, it was simply a smaller group of guys who made up a tight knit competitive element. As time has gone on, several members have decided to move onto that sim for various reasons and there's a lot more there. Doesn't mean we forgot how to have fun, but we need to work harder at bringing back those old good fun events we had.

This is one reason we brought on other sims - AC and AMS. AMS has some ideas in the works currently, and your ideas will certainly be taken into consideration. In fact, those who wish to start up leagues are often given the chance to do so - so long as you are able to stick with officiating/organizing it. My advice to you would be to start a new thread with an idea for a trial league/event, set a date, and start getting people onboard or refer some new members to fill out the field.

All that said, while I'm open to hearing ideas, I am not open to reading any implied finger pointing or blaming of perceived "groups" within this division based on what sim they happen to play. One thing we all need to learn is that as an AOD Member, no matter what game you play or division you're in, you're to be treated with the same respect. If you haven't spoken to someone in the division in a long time because they play another sim than you, then why not try saying hi sometime and you'll learn they really aren't that different from you.

We CAN do better at improving our experience, and will. So this thread will be taken to heart when we plan the future. Keep providing your ideas and constructive criticism.
    oh im all about constructive criticism, but looks like you took my comments in a negative way.
    its not about the lack of comunication or the iracers being different just because they play other games.
    as i said before i even play with other divisions, just like zed. i wrote that it wasnt fun being alone in teamspeak waiting for someone to pick up for a race, as i dont have iracing i see no point on crashin your room unless its to say something to someone im acquainted. also i know that you race regularly and i dont want to intrude your sessions as a respect thing.

im ALL about constructive criticisim as i want to help the community as much as i can.
    im proposing a special event, if it gets enough traction i have no problems sorting all the details and getting everything going. also im fairly capable of helping with whatever technical reason regarding game configs that doesnt let you play properly.
    and stating how things are right now is not negative criticism at all, i do attend as many racing events as i can. i assure you that i was the only guy besides chimpy that showed for brands gp or only i and 2112 attended to dank's suzuka mp4/4 league event.
    a lot of people complained about assetto corsa force feedback but most of you didnt even bother with it even with a detailed post in which i was open to any questions on how to make the game more enjoyable.

on another note, this kind of comments "If you haven't spoken to someone in the division in a long time because they play another sim than you, then why not try saying hi sometime and you'll learn they really aren't that different from you. " are a complete misinterpretation of what im stating and im not going to hide that it annoys me a bit.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

oh im all about constructive criticism, but looks like you took my comments in a negative way.
    its not about the lack of comunication or the iracers being different just because they play other games.
    as i said before i even play with other divisions, just like zed. i wrote that it wasnt fun being alone in teamspeak waiting for someone to pick up for a race, as i dont have iracing i see no point on crashin your room unless its to say something to someone im acquainted. also i know that you race regularly and i dont want to intrude your sessions as a respect thing.

im ALL about constructive criticisim as i want to help the community as much as i can.
    im proposing a special event, if it gets enough traction i have no problems sorting all the details and getting everything going. also im fairly capable of helping with whatever technical reason regarding game configs that doesnt let you play properly.
    and stating how things are right now is not negative criticism at all, i do attend as many racing events as i can. i assure you that i was the only guy besides chimpy that showed for brands gp or only i and 2112 attended to dank's suzuka mp4/4 league event.
    a lot of people complained about assetto corsa force feedback but most of you didnt even bother with it even with a detailed post in which i was open to any questions on how to make the game more enjoyable.

on another note, this kind of comments "If you haven't spoken to someone in the division in a long time because they play another sim than you, then why not try saying hi sometime and you'll learn they really aren't that different from you. " are a complete misinterpretation of what im stating and im not going to hide that it annoys me a bit.
    I agree and I think so too that Venom misinterpreted above stated. I assume it's somehow connected to the discussion we had last night on Team Speak in regards iRacing. Not sure if you neruxxx were there.

I'm down to help out organizing some event and support by joining. I'm sure that if even a small group of people will be showing up on regular basis for those events, more will join. Also, I'm down as always to record every such event and then edit a video.

Personally, I joined AOD because I found this on Google and then YouTube:

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

I agree and I think so too that Venom misinterpreted above stated. I assume it's somehow connected to the discussion we had last night on Team Speak in regards iRacing. Not sure if you neruxxx were there.

I'm down to help out organizing some event and support by joining. I'm sure that if even a small group of people will be showing up on regular basis for those events, more will join. Also, I'm down as always to record every such event and then edit a video.
    no, i wasnt there at all. i just want big things just like what iracers have, big events and a steady group going on.
    i have no idea on what happened as i was too tired to even race the gt3 pcars race yesterday.

i do appreciate your actions and work here zed for sure, and i will ask your help to host some servers, as i lack proper bandwidth.

on a side note i do want to run a praga league in assetto, as that car has one of the best tyre models and force feedback, also it is a spec series and only a tad behind gt3 laptimes so it would be really fun.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

no, i wasnt there at all. i just want big things just like what iracers have, big events and a steady group going on.
    i have no idea on what happened as i was too tired to even race the gt3 pcars race yesterday.

i do appreciate your actions and work here zed for sure, and i will ask your help to host some servers for sure. as i lack proper bandwidth.
    I'm open to host after 6pm EST for sure and from time to time also through out the day since I work from home 99% of a time.

Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

No, my posts isn't in response to a teamspeak convo I wasn't even on for. Perhaps I mistook some of what you posted. At the end of the day, referencing our games in a positive light is cool, but I felt some of what you stated about iRacing was meant negatively. Steer clear of anything that can be interpreted as such.

You also have my full support for whatever activity you plan - because I agree that we need something new going on to mix it up a little.
    Last edited by AOD_Venom; 10-17-2016 at 12:25 AM.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

i have no issues setting up events for you guys.
    modded or vanilla, even taking into account what kind of dlcs or content you do have.
    i think later i will do a small query to know what games do you have or you're thinking in buying and time schedules.

Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

i have no issues setting up events for you guys.
    modded or vanilla, even taking into account what kind of dlcs or content you do have.
    i think later i will do a small query to know what games do you have or you're thinking in buying and time schedules.
    Post it up, it'd be good to see what people actually want. However, if I were you I'd focus on what would attract the most public racers every week that could be potentially recruited in. Either pick really popular mods, or something vanilla that's accessible to the public I'd say.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Venom View Post
    Post it up, it'd be good to see what people actually want. However, if I were you I'd focus on what would attract the most public racers every week that could be potentially recruited in. Either pick really popular mods, or something vanilla that's accessible to the public I'd say.
    to get the most people we should probably go with vanilla AC content, with the upcoming porsche dlc we could have good racing for days.
    also the gt3s are fairly ok and can be balanced via ballast in the server properties.
    ill sort it out tomorrow after work.

Danneskjold Repossessions.
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

The EEC Lemans series is running every other week. We could pick the opposite sundays to do something. But with a significant number of people doing the EEC GT3 series on those days, I don't know how many randoms we'll pick up.

I was considering doing something like Nationwide Stock Cars weekly on Tuesdays, and then either Sprint CUP or Trucks every other sunday. It might be earlier in the day or later in order to not run at the same time as the EEC stuff.

But if there's more interest in doing a Vanilla series in AMS for endurance, I'm interested. My only concern is that we need to hash out exactly how to do driver switches in that game, as well as allowing people to join a session in progress (so that they don't have to sit there for an hour and a half waiting for the switch-over).

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_TheGorilla12's Avatar
    Rank
    Trainer
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

We do have all the proper ingridients to make a one off IMSA race for example, using the LMS mod and the GT3 mod from the eec guys, since they added in the c7dp into it, thye have in hte LMS mod the DP, LMP2 and gte and with the gt3 field we do get a nice field, make it one off event or like an event ever 2nd month, liek a IMSA league, of course open for all to join in on in AMS, run tracks that we know ISMA races on for example, make iit good, make it enjoyable, lie a 2hr race or something like that, for fun. Driver swaps in AMS are dueable, there is a little bit of editing ot do but not much so if thats the case we COULD make it liek a proper petit lemans for example, using said cars or something in that way

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison"
    "You win some, you lose some, you wreck some. - Dale Earnhardt, Sr."

AOD 4 LiFE!!!

Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Ah yes the days when we did 5 leagues a week in 3 timezones, its not ancient history but it has been a while since we had events that often

Members who committed time to organize these events are either too busy to do so now, or aren't even around anymore, loa's mia's ect.

Which is why I made it clear, or at least I hope so (theres a thread somewhere that I will bump) that anyone willing to run a league can do so as long as they commit themselves to it and do it right, fleshed out with proper structure and keep working on their timeslot they CAN do it in. At first the league looks like it might not be popular simply because people arent accustomed to expecting a league on that day, or the game might need more getting used to and so the turnout is small, which is exactly what happend on friday nights AC league, and yea perhaps the other leagues which required mods may have helped deter ppl from it but I think that problem gets solved when you run a league that has ample amount of time to prepare for.

Neru and zed speak for alot of people regarding weekly events, so the question comes down to whos willing to step up and help run leagues during the week, I certainly cant do all of them, dannes cant do all of them, venom cant do all of them.

We need what we had before, committed people who can remain consistent with their efforts to craft a league on a given day - all of the added moderator tools I can grant to help out.

One thing iracing has against every other game is that its the only one that creates events for you, seasons, leagues, ranked servers, member progression, nobody else does it even in the what I feel is the golden age in sim racing right now, iracing is self sustainable and thats why activity is always high whereas every other game requires people - US to make it happen, and we can do it like we did before so if I can count on you for starters neru then thats awesome

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk