Thread: AMD Bottleneck

All the years to come I want you to remember the one man who beat you. Cropels's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default AMD Bottleneck

Hello guys.
    I recentrly changed my GPU GTX 750 (No TI) to a GTX 1060 Zotac AMP, I noticed that in some games like:

Batman Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 4
    Metro Last Light Redux
    Dark Souls 3
    Sniper Elite 3

My CPU is making a bottleneck, I have an AMD FX 6300 3.5 Ghz, and I'm deciding to buy a new one.
    I checked some stores to see how much it cost and some people told me the AMD FX 8370 is the best for Gaming rather than FX 8350.
    I saw some benchmarks with those processors and in almost every benchmark, the FX 8350 was the best.

So I'm between the AMD FX 8350 and 8370.

Any suggestions about this?

P.S: I'm not interested in the AMD FX 9000 series

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Cropels View Post
    Hello guys.
    I recentrly changed my GPU GTX 750 (No TI) to a GTX 1060 Zotac AMP, I noticed that in some games like:

Batman Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 4
    Metro Last Light Redux
    Dark Souls 3
    Sniper Elite 3

My CPU is making a bottleneck, I have an AMD FX 6300 3.5 Ghz, and I'm deciding to buy a new one.
    I checked some stores to see how much it cost and some people told me the AMD FX 8370 is the best for Gaming rather than FX 8350.
    I saw some benchmarks with those processors and in almost every benchmark, the FX 8350 was the best.

So I'm between the AMD FX 8350 and 8370.

Any suggestions about this?

P.S: I'm not interested in the AMD FX 9000 series
    I would suggest get a new motherboard and get i5 6600k. That price difference between FX 8370 and i5 6600k is almost nothing but performance difference is 49% without overclocking. If 6600k is overclocked then performance is even much much much higher.

All the years to come I want you to remember the one man who beat you. Cropels's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    I would suggest get a new motherboard and get i5 6600k. That price difference between FX 8370 and i5 6600k is almost nothing but performance difference is 49% without overclocking. If 6600k is overclocked then performance is even much much much higher.
    I got that suggestion, but here in Mexico City is so expensive getting an Intel processor with a decent Motherboard. So that's why I'm only interested in an AMD processor
    Last edited by Cropels; 10-23-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! chlorformbandit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm having the same issue with this processor. It must be outdated. I think it's time for an upgrade 🤔

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Cropels View Post
    I got that suggestion, but here in Mexico City is so expensive getting an Intel processor with a decent Motherboard. So that's why I'm only interested in an AMD processor
    Go over the border to America, exchange money from Mexican Pesos to American Dollars, Go to Computer Part store (Frys is your best bet, or Microcenter) buy an i5-6600k, Z170 Motherboard, and DDR4 RAM. Go over the border again. Problem Solved. (Yes, I do understand going over the border is not the easiest thing in the world, but it IS the easiest solution)

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? ShadowCube's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    Go over the border to America, exchange money from Mexican Pesos to American Dollars, Go to Computer Part store (Frys is your best bet, or Microcenter) buy an i5-6600k, Z170 Motherboard, and DDR4 RAM. Go over the border again. Problem Solved. (Yes, I do understand going over the border is not the easiest thing in the world, but it IS the easiest solution)
    You make it sound so easy. But I agree with you, it IS the easy way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ShadowCube View Post
    You make it sound so easy. But I agree with you, it IS the easy way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well another easy way is if you have friends in US. Buy the stuff you need, ship it to their address and then ask them to mail all the stuff to you. That way you will avoid customs duty. I did order a few things that way from eBay and then shipped it to Europe without any Customs Fees.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The 8350 and 8370 are both the same exact chips, as are the 8320's and 9590's. The only differences are clock speeds and build quality.
    Both the 8350 and 8370 are clocked at 4.0ghz. The 8370 turbo clocks to 4.4ghz straight out of the box, while the 8350 turbos to 4.2ghz.

So, the 8370 will perform better at default settings.
    If you know how to overclock, you'd be better off getting an 8320/8350 and bumping up the clocks yourself... to save some cash.

...but, all the 8300 CPU's are dookie. Best bet, best but not the cheapest, would be to upgrade to intel :)

Do you not know death when you see it, old man? Dabba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hows your mobo for OCing? Get an 8350, and liquid cooler and OC it. My board isnt the best and I have stock cooling, so my 8350 is only OC'd to 4.2ghz with turbo off and it does runner hotter, my fans are averaging a little faster. If you have a good board with liquid cooling, you can possibly push it to 4.4/4.5

It does the job fine for bf1, but the am3+ socket seems to be at the end of its life.