I get enough exercise just pushing my luck onypanda's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Advice for selling a pc

I am looking to sell my custom build pc and get a laptop. Has anyone here sold their pc before? Do you have any advice for doing this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sell each individual piece, you will get more money. Why do you "need" a laptop though? Could you suffice with a lower-power laptop and your custom PC? There's very few situations where one absolutely needs the power that a "Gaming" Laptop has. And, it's VERY expensive too.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I recently converted my office to a guest bedroom, so i have no more space for my pc. Also, I have always been interested in gaming Laptops, but never took the plunge because the graphics cards and lack of power, but now that the nvidia gtx 10xx series is out i am seriously looking into being able to game on the go.

I dont know if i want to part it out. I am looking to get rid of it quickly and I want to avoid the situation where I can't sell some parts. I currently have it listed as a full set with the tower and all peripherals.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So, when it comes to price and power. I really do not need the current amount of power i have. But you are right about price, it is a premium for it, but not the soul crushing amount i thought it would be.

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? ShadowCube's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Mini-itx beats out any laptop, price to performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Best way is to give it to CapnVG for free :P

They don't think it be like it is, but it do. J3ST3RKN1GHT's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I travel a lot so I have a gaming laptop, if you need any help picking one out or tips or suggestions, let me know!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? ShadowCube's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_CapnVG View Post
    Best way is to give it to CapnVG for free :P
    Or Shadow

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ShadowCube View Post
    Or Shadow

This is the best advice yet!!! ;)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_J3ST3RKN1GHT View Post
    I travel a lot so I have a gaming laptop, if you need any help picking one out or tips or suggestions, let me know!

So I have been looking a lot and i can't decide between MSI and ASUS. Also i am trying to decide between 17" and 15". Thoughts?

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_onypanda View Post
    So I have been looking a lot and i can't decide between MSI and ASUS. Also i am trying to decide between 17" and 15". Thoughts?

I'd say get the MSI GS73VR With the i7-6700HQ, GTX 1060, 16GB of RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD in 17 inches. The larger laptop will give you more space for Cooling and Battery.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    I'd say get the MSI GS73VR With the i7-6700HQ, GTX 1060, 16GB of RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD in 17 inches. The larger laptop will give you more space for Cooling and Battery.
    I have looked at that one. I am torn between 17" and 15". I think the 17" is big for a laptop, but i think 15" could be small for gaming...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Depends what are your intentions.

MSI if you mostly will use it at home - it doesn't have as good cooling as ASUS
    ASUS if you mostly will be on the go - has very good cooling.

I used to have ASUS ROG G75 gaming laptop a 17" and it was a very nice rock solid build, high quality case and had dual cooling solution and was quiet.
    I have MSI 17" Gaming laptop now that I use mostly for work and is mostly on my desk next to my Desktop and I use it as secondary PC and screen. Cooling on this laptop is not as good as on ASUS and case is meh - cheap plastic but has very good keyboard and screen. In general MSI has better internal components but it comes in the cost of lack for good quality case and bad cooling. However, there is a solution for cooling - get a cooling pad. Therefore, MSI for home use as desktop replacement and ASUS for on the go.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    Depends what are your intentions.

MSI if you mostly will use it at home - it doesn't have as good cooling as ASUS
    ASUS if you mostly will be on the go - has very good cooling.

I used to have ASUS ROG G75 gaming laptop a 17" and it was a very nice rock solid build, high quality case and had dual cooling solution and was quiet.
    I have MSI 17" Gaming laptop now that I use mostly for work and is mostly on my desk next to my Desktop and I use it as secondary PC and screen. Cooling on this laptop is not as good as on ASUS and case is meh - cheap plastic but has very good keyboard and screen. In general MSI has better internal components but it comes in the cost of lack for good quality case and bad cooling. However, there is a solution for cooling - get a cooling pad. Therefore, MSI for home use as desktop replacement and ASUS for on the go.
    You are a wealth of knowledge sir! That gives me a lot to think about. I used Asus parts for my current build, so i am leaning that way, but more input is always good.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You are a wealth of knowledge sir! That gives me a lot to think about. I used Asus parts for my current build, so i am leaning that way, but more input is always good.

Well both brands are good and can't go wrong with either of them but those are main differences. I used all kinds of parts for my Desktop build but currently have ASUS mobo and GPU. Also, I love my ASUS Zenfone 2 that comes with Intel Quad CPU and Dual Channel DDR3 Memory - the first phone that has DDR3 memory - it's an iPhone 6+ killer. Can't beat that price per performance. Had ASUS products for 15 years now and always was happy with their products. I used to have two ASUS ROG laptops - G72 and G75. Both served well and enjoyed gaming and working on them. MSI is also great but it has issues with cooling - it gets very noisy sometimes. My coworkers have 4 MSI laptops and they are the same when it comes to cooling. So, if you pick MSI then be aware of the cooling issues and get a cooling pad right away.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do. J3ST3RKN1GHT's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    Well both brands are good and can't go wrong with either of them but those are main differences. I used all kinds of parts for my Desktop build but currently have ASUS mobo and GPU. Also, I love my ASUS Zenfone 2 that comes with Intel Quad CPU and Dual Channel DDR3 Memory - the first phone that has DDR3 memory - it's an iPhone 6+ killer. Can't beat that price per performance. Had ASUS products for 15 years now and always was happy with their products. I used to have two ASUS ROG laptops - G72 and G75. Both served well and enjoyed gaming and working on them. MSI is also great but it has issues with cooling - it gets very noisy sometimes. My coworkers have 4 MSI laptops and they are the same when it comes to cooling. So, if you pick MSI then be aware of the cooling issues and get a cooling pad right away.
    I too have the ASUS zenfone 2!! And an ASUS rog laptop. And every component for my desktop that ASUS makes I used! I am an ASUS fanboy.. Though I am thinking about moving over to the Google pixel xl

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_J3ST3RKN1GHT View Post
    I too have the ASUS zenfone 2!! And an ASUS rog laptop. And every component for my desktop that ASUS makes I used! I am an ASUS fanboy.. Though I am thinking about moving over to the Google pixel xl

Did you see Zenfone 3? It kills iPhone 7+ in everything except battery life.