Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Velozzity View Post
    If vega follows anything like Polaris/300/200 series cards then it would stand to reason that hardware level async computer support is slightly better (5% or so) than software support. The new time spy benchmark tested here http://www.legitreviews.com/3dmark-t...-tested_184260 shows slightly better gains with dx12 asyn enabled for amd cards than nvidia. Who knows what next generation will bring.
    That's until NVIDIA optimizes async on software level. At this point it's not even fully optimized or even utilized. I think it will get better and will be much more efficient once it is optimized.

Think about Anti Aliasing. FXAA is hardware based AA but the quality is horrible compared to MSAA, while MSAA is older gen AA it requires much more processing power. Now NVIDIA came with a solution called MFAA, which can work together with any AA including MSAA. So what it does it keeps the quality of MSAA but the performance is by 30% better. Thus MFAA+MSAA vs FXAA is now on par in terms of performance but MFAA+MSAA delivers much more higher quality.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative acheter's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Your motherboard should be able to run it at that speed as well.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I found some fix that helps to prevent FPS drops and Stuttering.
    I wrote details in this thread. There are two things you need to do.
    http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=150037

Do you not know death when you see it, old man? Dabba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Im running windows 7 still. However, new drivers made things much better for my performance, coupled with the slight oc (or perm boost if you wanna call it that)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Dabba View Post
    Im running windows 7 still. However, new drivers made things much better for my performance, coupled with the slight oc (or perm boost if you wanna call it that)
    Try setting bf1.exe to High Priority like I posted in that thread and you'll see FPS improvement.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! chlorformbandit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hey how do I disable the real-time setting?

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_chlorformbandit View Post
    Hey how do I disable the real-time setting?

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
    By selecting another setting from the list. Never set Real-Time. Select Normal, Above Normal or High.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Velozzity's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The only time setting the program priority higher should make a discernible difference is if the game is starved for CPU cycles, and that really wouldn't give you higher FPS (as in Max fps) but might remove some of the dips when action gets heavy. I think he was on the right path when he started to overclock the cpu, in fact no one ever asked what resolution he was on. Even with the fastest Intel Processor, if he is on 1080p that is a cpu bound situation and overclocking will increase frame rates some. Like in my situation with a 6 core hyperthreaded cpu, I doubt that setting priority would do squat, considering I probably have more than 2-4 virtual cores (out of 12) idle at any time when gaming.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Velozzity View Post
    The only time setting the program priority higher should make a discernible difference is if the game is starved for CPU cycles, and that really wouldn't give you higher FPS (as in Max fps) but might remove some of the dips when action gets heavy. I think he was on the right path when he started to overclock the cpu, in fact no one ever asked what resolution he was on. Even with the fastest Intel Processor, if he is on 1080p that is a cpu bound situation and overclocking will increase frame rates some. Like in my situation with a 6 core hyperthreaded cpu, I doubt that setting priority would do squat, considering I probably have more than 2-4 virtual cores (out of 12) idle at any time when gaming.
    BF1 is heavily unoptimized for Multiplayer. The CPU usage is just not normal for this game. Setting bf1.exe to High priority fixes the issue. It's a known issue and a lot of gamers complained about it.

Not only I don't have stuttering, and no longer experience FPS drops, but I also gained higher FPS in most maps. Some maps that used to run 90 - 110 fps now run 110 - 140 fps. On some maps I even saw 160 fps as opposed to 130 fps previously. So that's a huge improvement.

I will make a compare video: before and after so you can see it for yourself.

Let the bodies hit the floor... Opokalipse's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

windows 10 seems to have more use of bf1. i find i get higher fps out of that dog!

Do you not know death when you see it, old man? Dabba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My body is not ready for 10 yet. However, lets see how much faster it loads with my shiny new SSD. Only took me three hours to coax windows into installing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12