Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default HTC VIVE worth it?

so the vive is on a sale right now and i'd love to have some vr, i hear vive is winning out vs occulous so my question is is it worth it or should one wait for future gens that don't cost you as much as your cellphone :P

Can I have your Tots RedDeadFamas's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can't give you my opinion on the Vive compated to the oculus. But I have the oculus headset, and love it. It depends on what you want to do, if you have enough for roomscale VR, and can dedicate a room to just that. Get the vive, sure. I personally chose the oculus because of how their controllers are designed, they're much more intuitive and have some great features. One the oculus controllers are fully released, it's said that they'll top the Vive because that's all the vive has going for it right now, is the fact they have the controllers at this time.

I love my oculus. Don't think I'd go to Vive after seeing the features for oculus that are on the way.

But now it comes down to the question of if you should wait or not, eh.. If you got the money to spend on it, go for it.

The experiences I have had on VR are breathtaking. I haven't been so immersed and just lost in a game in a very long time until I put the headset on.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

thank you, hmm so ill stay on the waiting train it seems.

Knee High to a Worms Ass Insomnibella's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

HTC VIVE IS SO WORTH IT. I have the Vive, the Oculus, and the PlaystationVR. The HTC Vive is far superior than the rest. Let me know if you have any specific questions about it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

HELL NAW. Not for that price lol.

Wait till its sub $300.

Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Razer is making a VR headset too and its going to be around the $400 USD range. I dont know what features it will have or anything. I have the Samsung gear headset and Ive enjoyed it. I want to get a VR headset to do Elite Dangerous and whatever that other one is with Robert Space Industries or whatever. I could look it up sure, but Im sure other people will know what i am talking about lol