I didn't take Steroids...Honest WHOAPONY's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Time for... New Mouse!

Currently have a Corsair M65. I like the weight and do not want to go to something as light as the deathadder.
    I would go with corsair again but I am looking for something with a couple more buttons. I have been looking at some Roccat and Logitech mice, but I am open to any suggestions.
    Price range is below $100 which should be most mice anyhow.
    Also if a certain surface works best with a mouse please let me know, I need a new mouse-mat too.

PS: Right handed.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

you will want something comfortable if you hand length is under 19.5cm try the Zowie EC2-A, which weighs about 95g so it's a nice light mouse and if your hand is over 19.5 then go for the EC-1 A which weights around 99g both are amazing mice and it's shape is safe so you can use any mouse handling you choose (palm,fingertip,claw).

As for the mouse pad, i have no idea but i prefer cloth pads so probably a razer Goliath or Cooler master Swift RX or if you're feeling zowie again then try the Zowie G-SR

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Criggles's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Using a Logitech G Pro with a custom paracord cable and Hyperglides (MX-2 ones, G Pro ones are in the mail).

Flawless and probably the best implementation of the 3360 sensor, simple shape, great clicks. The G403 is the ergo version of it if you like the EC2/EC1 shape.

As for mousepads, I'm using an Artisan Hayate Otsu (mid). Great pad and no issues so far, however, they are a bit pricey as they're made and shipped from Japan. For a budget pad, the QCK seems fairly good when I had one.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Currently using Logitech G502 Spectrum RGB, really awesome mouse. The optical sensor is very accurate. Has a lot of buttons. Has DPI mode indicator and DPI switch buttons are displaced in a very comfortable way. So, switching DPI on the fly is really comfy and fast. Has weight adjustment. So, you can adjust weight as you like.

I used to have Razer Mamba Chroma Tournament Edition. Was also a great mouse.

Had Corsair M45. A bit too small for me but has a good sensor and is great for FPS games.

As for mouse pads, I used to have Razer Goliathus Speed Extended Mouse Pad. Was good.
    Now I use Corsair MM300 Extended Mouse Mat. It's realy good for tracking.
    Last edited by ZED; 12-08-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you want to stick with Corsair with more buttons, check out the Corsair Scimitar. Comfortable right hand ergonomic shape primarily for palm grip. Mouse is designed for MMO/ MOBAs, but will do for fps games in a pinch since it uses a 3988 optical sensor (it's good). By no means an fps centered mouse, but will work fine for casual and semi-competitive play.

Logitech G502 is another one that might fit you well. Heavy mouse with adjustable weight, awesome 3366 sensor, and a fair amount of buttons.

It'll be difficult to do find a heavy fps centered mouse with lots of buttons, as the industry is moving in the opposite direction. Your best bet is mice designed not for fps, but still with competent sensors.

Could help more if I knew more about your hand size and grip style!
    Last edited by CapnVG; 12-08-2016 at 11:15 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Cougar 700m. Comes with a decent macro and remapping software.
    Weight can be adjusted with removable weights. Palm rest can be changed for different grips.
    RGB LEDs, on the fly customizable DPI switch, perfect scroll wheel, and 4 brilliantly placed additional buttons.
    Heavy duty braided cord is a nice addition as well.
    I bought mine for about $45 during a sale... when my Dell OEM mouse finally crapped out after like 7 years lol.
    Going for $60 right now on newegg... think it comes in 3 different colors. Sliver, black/silver, and black/red... I have the black and silver.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-002-_-Product

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26-567-002-12.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	27492

Bought this lil over a year ago... very very nice, right up there with the $130 gaming mice... for bout half the cost.

I didn't take Steroids...Honest WHOAPONY's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_CapnVG View Post
    If you want to stick with Corsair with more buttons, check out the Corsair Scimitar. Comfortable right hand ergonomic shape primarily for palm grip. Mouse is designed for MMO/ MOBAs, but will do for fps games in a pinch since it uses a 3988 optical sensor (it's good). By no means an fps centered mouse, but will work fine for casual and semi-competitive play.

Logitech G502 is another one that might fit you well. Heavy mouse with adjustable weight, awesome 3366 sensor, and a fair amount of buttons.

It'll be difficult to do find a heavy fps centered mouse with lots of buttons, as the industry is moving in the opposite direction. Your best bet is mice designed not for fps, but still with competent sensors.

Could help more if I knew more about your hand size and grip style!
    In-between claw and fingertip grip. Large hands.

Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use a logitech G602. Its wireless but I dont notice any issues. its a right handed style with 6 buttons on the thumb area, 2 on the left mouse area plus the actual mouse button. It has an endurance mode which I use and lowers hte polling rate down to 100hz I think or the perfomance mode which allows you to switch between 100,500, and 1k hz. The difference really besides that is the battery life. The endurance lasts for what they say is 1200 ish hours and the perfomance is 250-300 hours. I did notice a difference when I first used the endurance mode but now im used to it and the mouse is a good size for myself. I also use the corsair MM300 extened mouse mat and that works well.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_WHOAPONY View Post
    In-between claw and fingertip grip. Large hands.
    I compiled a list of competent mice that fit you current requests: Around weight as M65 (brick), several buttons, facilitate claw/fingertip grip for large hands. I also eliminated mice with trash sensors.

• Logitech G502 - still recommend this. Great 3366 sensor, lots of buttons, heavy, adjustable weight, and with your hand size you should be able to claw it. Fingertip might be a stretch, but it all depends on your hand. For claw/fingertip I'd expect your hand would need to be about 17cm long minimum.
    • Steelseries Rival 500 - heavy ass MMO mouse with lots of buttons, and in a unique layout. Awesome 3360 sensor. I would expect you'd need at least 18cm long hands to hybrid grip this puppy.
    • Mad Catz R.A.T. 8 - I never recommend RAT mice, because they're hella expensive and normal mice work just as well or better. However, I fell you can benefit from the insane customization. You control the length, so it will definitely fit whatever hybrid grip you have. And you can make this thing like SO FUCKING HEAVY. Also has a 3360 sensor.

That's all I could find, lol. Your specs don't exactly lend themselves too well to the FPS gaming mice market. There are very few mice around the weight of the M65 that have competent sensors, multiple buttons, and facilitate a claw/ fingertip grip.
    Your options would expand significantly if you lessened your weight requirement, but I gotta respect those wrist/ forearm muscles you must have

EDIT: G602 mentioned above could work. I actually have one of those which I used to fingertip/ claw hybrid. It should satisfy your requests, my only concerns would be the AM010 sensor and wireless latency. The sensor is alright, but not great. I definitely noticed a difference between it and the G303 I switched to which has a 3366 (same as G502, and the 3360 basically the same thing). Can't really speak to it's wireless technology latency, but it is quite a bit older than the praised G900 and G403 wireless so don't assume it's up to par with wired mice as those two are.
    Last edited by CapnVG; 12-08-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Velozzity's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

for the longest time I used a g502 proteus core until one day I started having random problems with the ads in bf4 not working properly (which i found out later was a game bug) and I bought a g502 proteus spectrum. The one thing I noticed about the spectrum variant versus the core is the scroll wheel on the Spectrum seemed to have alot of side to side play versus the core. I ended up giving my son the new spectrum one since I found myself somehow bumping the side of the mouse into my keyboard at times and activating the skills i had bound to the left and right tilt of the scroll wheel. I recently received the g900 as a early christmas gift and am still up in the air about it. I have smallish hands and the g900 seems wider than the g502 if you take the little thumb ledge out of the picture, it is also a bit shorter it seems, but has an overall pleasant shape that I think will just take some getting used to since the g502 you just sit your hand on it. Wireless seems great so far on the g502, I have a wireless AC router about 4 foot from the mouse above my PC mounted on the wall and there no perceivable difference between wired or wireless use, especially since I can use the included charging/wired mode cable as a extension for the receiver which puts the receiver at the corner of my mouse pad. It does have two less button than the 502 if you only use one side, but if you put buttons on both sides it becomes about even. I will say however for shooters it seems to have enough buttons for use and even for MMO's would be adequate as long as you bind most skills to a keyboard.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

what's wrong with me? your old mouse?

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I love my Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. It's an amazing mouse. It's got the perfect weight for me, and can be adjusted also.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! HUMAN1ST1C's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

There is only one solution, and it comes from German engineering (no, I'm not joking):

ROCCAT

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

not to go off subject, but out of curiosity, of those of you who own a g502 proteus spectrum, do any of you have any issues with the center mouse wheel having lots of lateral play. When I asked for a RMA on my proteus core, I was sent a proteus spectrum. The proteus core has very minimal play on the mouse wheel, but the spectrum I got back (only difference is a accent color on core, and rgb lighting on spectrum supposedly) the mouse wheel felt very sloppy. I ended up giving it to my son and just dealing with my old mouse. I even went as far as to buy a Spectrum variant from Best Buy just to see if it was in fact a bad sample i got, and that one was the same. Do I have bad luck, or is this just 2 bad instances out of many good ones. Reason it was an issue with me was, the mouse wheel when making a fast side to side motion, would seem to have enough play (looseness) and momentum to actually activate the tilt function without me actually clicking the button. On the core this never happened. Since I bound gas mask as one of my scroll wheel tilt functions, in the heat of battle at close range i was inadvertently putting it on and dying due to not tracking the enemies movements properly since I usually ads. Besides that the g502 to me was the perfect mouse, it fit like a glove, the side thumb buttons were positioned great, and I loved the concave index finger (left mouse button) rest. I have yet to get used to the g900 that I recieved as an early christmas gift, although for larger hands (mine are like 6.625", sorta small) I can see it being an excellent mouse.
    Last edited by Velozzity; 12-13-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

What do you mean by mouse wheel felt very sloppy?
    The tilt scroll button is sturdy and there is a click when you move the scroll to the side.
    However, I never use it anyways. And to put a gas mask on is not the best solution. Better bind the key on your keyboard. I use default T and I put gas mask on fast. Rarely getting even killed or damaged by gas. I don't even know why people use it other than just obstruct the view to your own teammates.
    Last edited by ZED; 12-13-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZED View Post
    What do you mean by mouse wheel felt very sloppy?
    The tilt scroll button is sturdy and there is a click when you move the scroll to the side.
    However, I never use it anyways. And to put a gas mask on is not the best solution. Better bind the key on your keyboard. I use default T and I put gas mask on fast. Rarely getting even killed or damaged by gas. I don't even know why people use it other than just obstruct the view to your own teammates.
    what I mean is you can move the mouse fast side to side and it will make a rattling sound, as If there isn't enough tension to keep the wheel centered when you aren't trying to click it right or left. Also I have been using a logitech mouse with tilt scroll for last 8 years or so and I always bind rarely used skills to the tilt function, its just that the g900 proteus core didn't have this issue (nor the g500 I had before it, or the g900 im using now) whereas the Spectrum (which replaced the core) does. I was asking if anyone else with the Proteus Spectrum noticed this behavior?

Last edited by Velozzity; 12-13-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Velozzity View Post
    the g900 proteus core didn't have this issue
    Meant to say g502 Proteus Core, the predecessor to the G502 Proteus Spectrum

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Meant to say g502 Proteus Core, the predecessor to the G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Yeah, not an expert on that particular mouse but they aren't supposed to do that

I'd RMA it

Could just be a design flaw though. Consider getting a different mouse if it's overly irritating to you.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_CapnVG View Post
    Could just be a design flaw though. Consider getting a different mouse if it's overly irritating to you.
    from what I can tell the proteus core and proteus spectrum are the same mouse except for the accent color being removed on the bottom cover (which is visible at bottom of thumb rest) and the lighting being rgb. I'd say i got a bad sample if it wasn't for the fact that I even purchased one at best buy just to see if it was in fact a design issue and the one i bought did the same thing so I took it back. Thats why I asked if anyone had used a g500 proteus core and what their experience had been since its won tons of editors choice and 9+/10 ratings in reviews and surely If it had some design issue reviewers would have stated as much.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

what I mean is you can move the mouse fast side to side and it will make a rattling sound, as If there isn't enough tension to keep the wheel centered when you aren't trying to click it right or left. Also I have been using a logitech mouse with tilt scroll for last 8 years or so and I always bind rarely used skills to the tilt function, its just that the g900 proteus core didn't have this issue (nor the g500 I had before it, or the g900 im using now) whereas the Spectrum (which replaced the core) does. I was asking if anyone else with the Proteus Spectrum noticed this behavior?

it does that rattling sound on my G502 Proteus Spectrum only when I shake it like you did in the video but not when I move it in a normal pace or even with a bit sharper moves than usual. But what is the actual problem with your mouse other than that noise?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast