Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon3 Suicide Aircrafts in Arcade

Hello,

I am playing Arcade with the 88 on a regular basis. Replacing a crew member in battle costs me 200 Lions.
    Suiciding a perfectly plane into me killing half my crew does not cost the enemy ANYTHING at all.

So I hope we can as a clan approach Gaijin with the proposal that running a plane that is in perfect flying
    conditions into the enemy will be fined 2000 Lions in order to stop this.

What do you think about this?

Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice. Lt_FellaWhite's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I believe that it's a perfectly acceptable (albeit somewhat annoying) tactic. If you are running low on the time in the air I would take a shot at the suicide in the attempt to get a crash kill if I am useless otherwise.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

it is more than this imho. It is a major difference when it comes to engagement time for example. If you never intend to avoid the crash you can
    shoot on the target for much longer plus the impact damage probably breaking the other guy's tracks. When you then drop a bomb shortly before impact the
    other guy is completely denied the option of running away making it a sure kill - 4 free.
    I mean ok if they can successfully engage me with an air craft in a usual way, that is very acceptable, but if I die like 7 of 10 only to suiciders
    then I feel like I am getting rid here of a so far great run for me.
    In short: I think it is absolutely inacceptable to allow them to nine eleven me for free.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Marthir's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

WT arcade battles are like 9/11 simulator, specially if you are running in heavy and have killed that enemy before, which is ashame really, hell even in realistic but rarely, realistic battles are better for that option but it's heavily spawn camped and/or dominated by clans, going solo in there is a suicide really

~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

although it is annoying it is a useful tactic, also helps when spading spaa's .. get a few hits with ur brand new kugel.. plane suicides u get the kill.. also, u can hit the planes with ur mg's on ur tank, few hits, they suicide, u get the kills..
    ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~
    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Marthir's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

While in a squad it is not so bad really, as squadmate is capable of still taking care of the battle but at solo... getting killed by snackbars like that 3 times in a row is very annoying and getting closer to rage quit for good... sadly finding a squad here takes very long time

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! travis zwoyer's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It really irritates me when I'm the one getting hit by the plane. But then again the thought running through my head is, Well played. Aircraft suicide is a last ditch effort to deal damage which in AB especially has no incentive to Not Suicide. I believe that its acceptable. I wish that something be implemented, such as what Clyde suggested be implemented. I know it's a ground forces match, but not every pilot that came across a ground battle flew his plane into the nearest tank.. Would make it a little more "Realistically Accurate" but then again I'm talking about AB which is meant to be Arcadey. I'm sorry but it's to late to go back and fix this post by putting the proper breaks into paragraphical structure. Just be glad that I remembered to use commas, and periods... Or this post would hurt your eyes even more that so. You would have to read it than stop for a spell to try and figure out what it is trying to say.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies DonnyMack's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

2 things: 1) accept it - it's not changing. 2) embrace it - do it yourself!

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! travis zwoyer's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Jury has spoken, wrap this one up

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain AOD_Whaleco's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

in most cases, when they crash, their main ammo is usually spent.
    Gaijin tried to give a reward for having your plane still alive at the end of the timer, but it's too small for most ppl to consider it.
    War Thunder

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

at least it isn't like it used to be, a couple years ago you could take a plane and ram it into a tiger 2 and it would destroy it, now u barely cause any damage at all.. if any, well.. in most cases, if the tank or aaa has an open turret you can kill it sometimes but most the time i don't get anything at all when i do it
    ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? PROx's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This can get rather annoying but fighters don't do much to me when i'm playing, it's really the bombers that dive bomb right into you that's the most bothersome. I find this highly unnecessary for several reasons, and the real reason you would do this is to be trolling against the enemy player, unless you suck at bombing (LOL).

That brings me to my next question, does AOD have gaming etiquettes against these types of playing methods?

Can I have your Tots Byakuren_Hijiri's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've had several suiciders crash into my open-topped vehicles to no avail. I don't see what all the fuss is about

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_PROx View Post
    This can get rather annoying but fighters don't do much to me when i'm playing, it's really the bombers that dive bomb right into you that's the most bothersome. I find this highly unnecessary for several reasons, and the real reason you would do this is to be trolling against the enemy player, unless you suck at bombing (LOL).

That brings me to my next question, does AOD have gaming etiquettes against these types of playing methods?
    we play honorably, which means we watch what we say in chat and we do not troll people, also we do not spawn camp, given, squadron battles is excluded in this as gaijin says it is a part of the game and a tactic use to reach victory..

that is for air, tank battles well, you can't really spawn camp in tanks, i mean u can but.. its not really spawn camping now is it. with spawn protection and all
    ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~