Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Extended Warranty Providers ?

I may be getting an expensive headset soon, and if I end up spending $40 or more on it, I would like to get a extended warranty on it so I don't have to worry about such again till lik 3 years or so.

So I am checking if any of you guys know of any?

If you need an example, here is one - SquareTrade.
    But it seems to be a bad one: doesn't cover everything, seems to give people doing claims a run-a-round, and only covers certain items sold on Amazon.

I'm looking for something with full coverage (as in I am covered whether I drop it or it just stops working on it's own), easy claims process, free shipping both ways, and covers any item that is bought new or refurbed from any shop hopefully.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Velozzity's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

ok lets think about this for a second, who knows in a year if something better might come out that you would rather have, now are you going to spend assuming 50% of the products cost (even if it was just 25%) for some peace of mind when you could just pocket the money and use it towards a newer headset, or do you have a history or being "Rough" with your gear meaning you will most certainly use the warranty. The reason these warranties exist is they are almost all pure profit, and a very small percentage of people actually need them. Hell I'd consider a $40 purchase disposable, and unless you only got a month's use out of it, easy to come up with to buy another one assuming it did die prematurely.

With all that said, I have been told by Microcenter employees that their warranties basically cover anything (outside of purposeful damage) , including you not being satisfied with the purchase during the duration of the warranty. If you have a microcenter near you I'd go ask them what would happen if say in 2 years you felt as If the headphones sounded distorted etc but physically still worked. Some warranties the item has to be non functioning, others it seems as If it doesn't work as good as original (meaning the performance deteriorated some trivial amount) then they will replace or give store credit.
    Last edited by Velozzity; 01-15-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I typically buy on Amazon or NewEgg, and take whatever warranty they offer. Best Buy used to have great warranties, not so much now - they are okay, but they are usually *way* expensive.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I usually don't buy any third party warranties or warranty extensions. I simply use manufacturers warranty.

Also what kind of headsets are we talking about? I can't imagine spending extra warranty on any gaming headsets unless they cost $200+

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Newegg and even ebay offer warranty programs. Just select them at checkout

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

In my personal experience, especially working retail, extended warranties are a scam. In my life, I have never had something just break on me, at least within the 2-4 year periods they offer their warranties in. It's peace of mind, I suppose, but they just don't seem worth it to me.

In general, if something happens to something you buy within the first few weeks (if it's a defective item, you'll most likely find out in the first couple weeks), most stores (at least the brick and mortar stores, but usually most online stores as well) will work with you to resolve any issues you have regardless of if you have the warranty or not because they want your business.