Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_91comet91's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default cpu and gpu

i have a i7 11700k was thinking about upgrading to rtx 4070 is that a good fit or will i get a lot of bottleneck?

All my toys are broken and So am I inside, mom.The carnival has closed Years ago AOD Member AOD_Tranquillo's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

I am a fan of amd and have really great results from my 7900xt, the 7800xt is in the same class as the 4070 and costs the same. The reviews say amd has better drivers, take that for what you will. If you are into ray tracing, intel is the way to go.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Weakness's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

You may see a very slight bottleneck with either CPU or GPU depending on the game but most graphically intensive newer games will run great. I think those 2 are a good pairing as long as your resolution is higher than 1080P. If only at 1080P you will not use the 4070 fully but that just gives you direction for your next upgrade.

Can I have your Tots INFLICTION's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I just recently upgraded from a 2070 Super to a 7900xt that I will get on Monday... can't wait !!!

All my toys are broken and So am I inside, mom.The carnival has closed Years ago AOD Member AOD_Tranquillo's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

One thing, the new cards are big and I mean massive! Have a big case and lots of fans or water cooling.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Tranquillo View Post
    One thing, the new cards are big and I mean massive! Have a big case and lots of fans or water cooling.
    Luckily, I have a mid-tower Asus GT501 so plenty of room and cooling to go around. I agree though! these things are getting out of hand,

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_HOODedDutchman's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Depends what you wanna play. 11700k is still plenty of CPU for majority of games nowadays unless you want a steady 240fps in games like warzone or bf2042. You'll still get 150+ in those games tbh. If you want ray tracing performance and plan to play games like cyberpunk then go for the 4070. It only has 12gb of ram tho so something like the 7800xt is more future proof due to the 16gb of vram and superior bang for buck in non RT titles.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Im a call of duty player, always have been. I just want the highest frames possible at 1440p. I typically turn off all the foo foo stuff that makes it look nice. I'm just looking for clean clear targets and tons of fps to take advantage of my 240hz

Knee High to a Worms Ass Denjar's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I know I am new to the party, but I recently upgraded to a 4070ti with an i7-12700F. While I know that is terribly overkill for most of what is out today, I am enjoying the upgrade if it is affordable.