Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_Fender's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default Friendly and respectful request

First off, I do not want to anger, insult or offend anyone by saying what's on my mind, but after today it's something that I feel needs to be addressed. While certain things and actions are not an issue for many people, for others it might be really unpleasant, maybe even off-putting. Hence being able to get some feedback and with that hopefully a different perspective, it allows for everyone in here to gain some mutual understanding.

I'm tremendously enjoying playing with you all, I love the squad play, the challenge, it's a ton of fun for me to try my best to keep you all alive and well healed. I don't care how many times I die doing that, as long as I can contribute to you having a great game.
    The laughs, friendly digs and great vibes in the channels, no matter who is there, never fail to make my day and allow me to laugh a lot.

FNB is something that I look forward to whenever I can make it, because so many of us attend it and besides sharing this great togetherness, we all get a good challenge due to the generally high skill level that is present in AOD. We all learn from each other and a certain player skill level makes us better. However, over the past weeks, FNB has turned into something that feels like an internal clan war - one group of players who tend to play together exclusively against "the rest" of Officers and NCOs along with new recruits and most of the "less skilled players" (I count myself among them) who do not belong to that very group. Lately, people have even been swapping sides in an attempt to counter that group, so their accumulation of high skilled players doesn't end up killing the FNB server in record time.

I understand that playing together with your close friends is something that everyone wants to do, maybe even nothing but that and that's natural. When you're part of a big clan and there's one event per week that is designed to strengthen the group spirit, promote our clan amongst the general player base and allow new people to settle in while the old guys and girls just enjoy the party in a relaxed atmosphere, I don't think it's an enormous ask to not let it turn into a "one group destroys the lesser skilled rest" for the entire evening every single week. That defeats the purpose of such an event. It's also not very empathetic towards the many people (CO, XOs, NCOs) in here who volunteer their time so that every AOD member can have a great clan and gaming experience. There is nothing easier than to split the higher skilled group into several squads and they join both sides so it turns into a fair fight. You can still play with your friends. You will still get your kills if that's what's important to you. You will actually improve since instead of steamrolling one side and racking up easy kills, you'll get more of a challenge playing against your higher skilled or more experienced friends. You'd actually sacrifice merely two hours of your time of only playing with half of your friends on one side - you'd still be playing with and against all of your friends. If you feel like you totally need to annihilate the enemy team, maybe consider joining an official server instead of the FNB server.

We're all adults here. Please think about what's been going on, leap over your shadow and allow everyone in here to have a great time during FNB. What has always set AOD apart from other clans is that every member has always given back and not only sought their own advantage. Please keep it that way.
    Thank you for reading and considering.

Do your best, every time
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and candor - I will ensure a swift resolution is implemented at once

In wildness is the preservation of the world-So seek the wolf in thyself

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Very well said. I agree with everything you have written here.

#Hainzy's Cat
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Extremely well written. This needed to be said. I agree with everything that you wrote in this Fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't feel my fingers.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts down, it is appreciated more then you can know.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_HitDog's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Fender View Post
    First off, I do not want to anger, insult or offend anyone by saying what's on my mind, but after today it's something that I feel needs to be addressed. While certain things and actions are not an issue for many people, for others it might be really unpleasant, maybe even off-putting. Hence being able to get some feedback and with that hopefully a different perspective, it allows for everyone in here to gain some mutual understanding.

I'm tremendously enjoying playing with you all, I love the squad play, the challenge, it's a ton of fun for me to try my best to keep you all alive and well healed. I don't care how many times I die doing that, as long as I can contribute to you having a great game.
    The laughs, friendly digs and great vibes in the channels, no matter who is there, never fail to make my day and allow me to laugh a lot.

FNB is something that I look forward to whenever I can make it, because so many of us attend it and besides sharing this great togetherness, we all get a good challenge due to the generally high skill level that is present in AOD. We all learn from each other and a certain player skill level makes us better. However, over the past weeks, FNB has turned into something that feels like an internal clan war - one group of players who tend to play together exclusively against "the rest" of Officers and NCOs along with new recruits and most of the "less skilled players" (I count myself among them) who do not belong to that very group. Lately, people have even been swapping sides in an attempt to counter that group, so their accumulation of high skilled players doesn't end up killing the FNB server in record time.

I understand that playing together with your close friends is something that everyone wants to do, maybe even nothing but that and that's natural. When you're part of a big clan and there's one event per week that is designed to strengthen the group spirit, promote our clan amongst the general player base and allow new people to settle in while the old guys and girls just enjoy the party in a relaxed atmosphere, I don't think it's an enormous ask to not let it turn into a "one group destroys the lesser skilled rest" for the entire evening every single week. That defeats the purpose of such an event. It's also not very empathetic towards the many people (CO, XOs, NCOs) in here who volunteer their time so that every AOD member can have a great clan and gaming experience. There is nothing easier than to split the higher skilled group into several squads and they join both sides so it turns into a fair fight. You can still play with your friends. You will still get your kills if that's what's important to you. You will actually improve since instead of steamrolling one side and racking up easy kills, you'll get more of a challenge playing against your higher skilled or more experienced friends. You'd actually sacrifice merely two hours of your time of only playing with half of your friends on one side - you'd still be playing with and against all of your friends. If you feel like you totally need to annihilate the enemy team, maybe consider joining an official server instead of the FNB server.

We're all adults here. Please think about what's been going on, leap over your shadow and allow everyone in here to have a great time during FNB. What has always set AOD apart from other clans is that every member has always given back and not only sought their own advantage. Please keep it that way.
    Thank you for reading and considering.
    im sorry u had to go through this. hopefully the love of fnb will return for u