Make Apples Great Again AOD Member AOD_tomthetanck's Avatar
    Rank
    Trainer
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Omg Historical Event - Battle Of The Bulge - 20th January

So you want to know what the next event is? I want you to know because i feel like keeping this one a secret is a bad idea and i want people to be able to make room ahead of time

Battle Of The Bulge

So the team have been working on the next event which will be hosted on the 20th of January. In a single day we have made great progress and have already come up with the first iteration of the map.

Here are some basic details

Gamemode- Realistic No Tags
    Weather- Daylight Snowing
    Player Numbers- 25
    Teams: USA vs Germany
    Vehicles: Ground Only
    Event type: Historical
    Ai Inclusion?: Yes
    Multiple Objective?: yes
    Objective: Attack + Defend

New features

We are going to be more experimental with this one. With a totally new battle system.

What is this new battle system?

Well in simple terms its
    Player Commander spawns in special location, Ai trucks follow commander. Commander leads trucks to a zone where defences can be set up, defences get set up when trucks are in that zone. Less trucks = Minor Defences/ many trucks = built up and good defences.

AI will be used when the trucks build the defences. Such as AT guns and AI tanks such as Sherman's and Stuarts. Possibly Jumbos and rocket artillery

We are purposely giving to many objectives to make the commander have to plan and think about where he wants to build up the teams defences along side current buildings and natural defences.

The Germans can destroy these trucks and distrust defence building and logistics.

We haven't decided if the US should get some set up time. Will find that out in testing.

I will be asking around for testing but major testing will be done outside of the server.

I would also like to request if this event can be streamed and be used as a recruitment effort. If needed. I would like to speak to somebody about that topic. As I would like these events to start pulling in outside traffic to AOD.
    If a trailer or YouTube short video can be made. Would be awesome too.

The event map itself will be worked on likely soon.

Remember that this is subject to change!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bulge Map Alternative.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	580.0 KB 
ID:	43614

Save the whales. Collect the whole set AOD Member AOD_MHare's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active