Thread: Metalcore Game

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Default Metalcore Game

Anyone know about this game?
    I'm just now finding out about it.
    https://www.metalcore.gg/

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

I almost banned you for spam

This does look very interesting

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

haha. I have never really heard of an NFT blockchain game but the idea, from what I have read, seems pretty awesome. Just hoping its not another 10 years before it gets released.

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Sign up for closed beta. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSejm2rrZNPPX2ked-8Hw-5qpHeaNJhuRlSHhPqCv9SJ67327w/viewform

It's not a dad bod, it's a father figure! AOD Member AOD_hawkinson's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Is there a tangible benefit to adding blockchain to this game? So far, every NFT/blockchain game has been a mediocre 'game' trying to mask another generic NFT rug pull.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

I know very little about blockchain games actually. Any recommended article I could read up on?

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

I followed KiraTV on YouTube when he first started covering Blockchain games. Lots of content there. I don't have a go-to article or video to share my learned skepticism. It was mostly watching NFT projects go bad over and over with zero repercussions, with a few game projects in there that were terrible or barely worth calling a game.

There is nothing wrong with the technology, just very little reason to implement it.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

From the pure game footage perspective it looks good, but I think I hold also similar reservations. If the game development comes first and the gameplay is awesome then its worth, but like KiraTV said in one video, track records are bad for blockchain games.
    I will keep my eye on this game though. The game "seems" like a mashup of some of my favourite passed games.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Definitely in early beta phase.
    Two videoes showing some of the gameplay and combat.
    Pretty fun combat. Game starts hanging every once in a while.
    https://youtu.be/liaWoFKra2M
    https://youtu.be/cr0yWmR7p0g

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ReaverVI View Post
    Definitely in early beta phase.
    Two videoes showing some of the gameplay and combat.
    Pretty fun combat. Game starts hanging every once in a while.
    https://youtu.be/liaWoFKra2M
    https://youtu.be/cr0yWmR7p0g
    This does look better than 90% of the stuff that's out there. Didn't see any blockchain use cases. I will look at what they plan to do with all that. The game doesn't look like Axie Infinity (The most prominent example of a blockchain/NFT game), though, so that's a huge plus. I do love some FPS and Sci-Fi. It 100% is trying to speak to me. I feel bad for the 3-4 soldiers standing out in the dirt when this guy comes stomping up in a mech and fries them lol.

Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

One thing I didnt show that much is the menus actually. So you earn Metacore (currency-forgot name) and you optionally can attach your metalcore account to wallet. I am so out of the loop on crypto and NFT stuff that I cant grasp it without a good read.
    A line from the install instructions:
    "Optionally link your wallet to your MetalCore account using Link.MetalCore.gg (Tutorial). This allows you to deploy your Infantry NFTs in battle."