Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Matchmaking in 1.37

Hello Team,

Gaijin posted this today:

http://warthunder.com/en/news/376-Matchmaking-in-137-en

Excerpt: "You will never meet a jet while flying rank 2 or 3 planes." Yesterday morning, Dec 19th I flew against 5 Shooting Stars in my Rank 3 German LA5 maybe they fix this issue since then. I may still have that replay maybe I should provide that info to Gaijin.

Excerpt about the old MM system: "c) this made battle balance less fair. It could be possible that two players (one of which is “efficient” for match-maker and had +3 rank in 8 tier plane and the other one had -3 in tier 13 plane) would meet in one battle, thus could have 5 rank difference in the old system and according to the current system they could have 2 rank difference!"

When you take 20 plane ranks and make them into 5 ranks doesn't that basically mean using the old system:
    1-4 = 1
    5-8 = 2
    9-12 = 3
    13-16 = 4
    17-20 = 5

Then using the new system compared to the old system a 5 could meet a 12 which is a 7 rank difference? Actually it does say "according to the current system they could have a 2 rank difference!" A 5 vs 16? Humm?

Anyway, not complaining just an observation. One really positive thing about the new MM process is that RB games on average start much much faster!

I did have fun flying last night in Rank 2 and 3! I hope all are having fun with the new patch!

Keep honking. I'm reloading Night_Shade_'s Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

hopefully the other day was an abortion on matchmaking. but for me they clearly had a blue message at the tp of the screen that said they were working on the servers and matchmaking and other functions would be affected.

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Night_Shade_ View Post
    hopefully the other day was an abortion on matchmaking. but for me they clearly had a blue message at the tp of the screen that said they were working on the servers and matchmaking and other functions would be affected.
    I enjoyed the match making. It was clear to me that the system tried to set you up with the straight matchmaking, but if that failed, it would set you up with mixed match making.

As someone who "grew up" in Aces High, this is no big deal for me. In Aces High (and 2), it was a 3 team, open-sandbox Free For All. Any plane you want, you could fly out.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

havent played much 1.37 but the few games i was able to squeeze in the waiting period was a lot shorter than usual. Maybe because less players spread across multiple groupings? or i was just lucky, it definitely did something visual to the game. As a newbie you see the tables with all the numbers and all ya got to be asking yourself what the hell is that.
    - vands

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

all i can say is stay on your game and kill some badguys :P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm avoiding WT's multi until they fix the MM.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Wartex's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I played a bit yesterday and had some fun as well... I must say the enemy goes down much faster, what I'm saying is it takes less shots to shoot a plane down. Have any of you experienced the same thing ? I like the new graphics and maps also. The tier thing is new to me and I must get used to watching what planes is around me, because they put some big gun planes with small gun ones and things like mobility and maneuvers comes more into play now... Great patch, but can't wait to see the tanks when they come....

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes DaddyWabbit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The short version is several flight models and damge models have changed, as in most of them.

So most planes perform differently in flight that what you are used to.. how ever most guns have not changed so things with beastly guns still are beast but planes that used to be almost invincible i.e Beaufort/pby's A20 etc... now take damage more correctly as well.

Those little guns planes in new era 1 now also more effectively give damage ..even with their little bursts mass, they appear to hurt bigger planes more effectively.

I simply started over in each country and basically flew every single plane I own again to learn its new models advantages and disadvantages so taking that into consideration the new MM is not a total loss. This helped realign my crews to new lineups for each new tier.

You will just have relearn some models can do's and cant do's and find the strengths and weakness of each tier and plane all over again. It does appear to be a lot closer matched at least when you go up against the same tier group in a match.

IMO the face one tier higher or lower still has to go for this new system to work as intended.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hey,
    so the differences in rank ingame i guess can be explained by the following:
    http://warthunder.com/en/news/376-Matchmaking-in-137-en

so next to the actual planes lvl. there is a different level it has depending on mods attached to it from what i understand? so a tier 2 plane could be a tier 3.5, etc. .. basically it got complicated lol
    v/r vands