Can I have your Tots Kindaclear's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Match making?

How is it i dont have a single t2 plane yet here i am flying around in t1 biplanes/ peashooters against t3 guys? Anyone know how their match making system works as in its either based on what tier planes you have or how well you do in previous matches?

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Tues2's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

check the battle rank of your T1 planes

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

says their all 1 of 1-2... but here comes t3 shits... not trying to sound whiny just super confused on how some of these things even happen when it seems a little under balanced

The Nicely One that is Nice! Nicelinice's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Are you sure they are t3?

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Been playing with a buddy of mine who plays a lot more than me, hes noticed them before i did but i looked them up afterwords.. there were a few spitfire mk v, yak 3s that i remember

Save the whales. Collect the whole set chrisix's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

you mention that you were playing with a buddy... was that buddy flying tier 2-3 planes?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

no highest hes got is a lagg-3 11 i think

Remember that one time at Band Camp? Aviation21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Match Maker is just plain mean to some of us... me especially!

So do not feel like a lone wolf!

I might be the only guy who flies against Jets EVERY TIME I fly a Bear Cat which has kept me from getting any upgrades for my Bear Cats.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set chrisix's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Aviation21 View Post
    Match Maker is just plain mean to some of us... me especially!

So do not feel like a lone wolf!

I might be the only guy who flies against Jets EVERY TIME I fly a Bear Cat which has kept me from getting any upgrades for my Bear Cats.
    I flew mine vs a mig 15 in arcade

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Yeah I loved my tempest mk 5 when it was getting matched with P47s, P51s, Spit mk 9s, 109 G10 and K4s, ect

but suddenly always seems to be against F80s and Migs.

and that damn tempest has to high a repair bill to be fucking with that shit.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes DaddyWabbit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The New MM places you in matches based on 2 things, your single highest battle rating of a plane...plus your player proficiency (good players get placed in against higher planes)...

So for example if you want to fly biplanes against biplanes...all reserve planes are battle rank 1.0

You will have to ONLY load Battle rank 1.0 planes in your lineup to go against only other biplanes...place other crews on holiday...crew slots 1,2 and 3 must have plane in them others do not require one.

some other biplanes battle rank can go to 1.3 and 1.7 , sometimes just placing ONE of those planes in your lineup casues you to face the full blunt of rank 1 planes and sometimes rank 2's....depending on available matches...and sometimes you can get away with one or 2 planes with a battle rank of 1.3 or 1.7 IF THE REST OF YOUR LINEUP IS BR 1.0 (reserves,bi-planes)

it is best to choose your lineup's more precisely with a single highest battle rating as your limit ( MM does no account much plane ranks anymore)

so if you fly the best rank 1 planes you will likely face some rank 2 planes and maybe a rank 3 or so occasionally... better to have a lineup of high BR rank 1's and low BR rank 2 two and so on.

This MM makes it easier for folks to fly NEW planes as they move up and unlock them instead of having to wait to unlock and buy a whole a lineup of the next rank...

Hope that HELPS...It is ALL about the Battle RANK now, not soo much the plane ERA rank/group

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DaddyWabbit View Post
    The New MM places you in matches based on 2 things, your single highest battle rating of a plane...plus your player proficiency (good players get placed in against higher planes)...

So for example if you want to fly biplanes against biplanes...all reserve planes are battle rank 1.0

You will have to ONLY load Battle rank 1.0 planes in your lineup to go against only other biplanes...place other crews on holiday...crew slots 1,2 and 3 must have plane in them others do not require one.

some other biplanes battle rank can go to 1.3 and 1.7 , sometimes just placing ONE of those planes in your lineup casues you to face the full blunt of rank 1 planes and sometimes rank 2's....depending on available matches...and sometimes you can get away with one or 2 planes with a battle rank of 1.3 or 1.7 IF THE REST OF YOUR LINEUP IS BR 1.0 (reserves,bi-planes)

it is best to choose your lineup's more precisely with a single highest battle rating as your limit ( MM does no account much plane ranks anymore)

so if you fly the best rank 1 planes you will likely face some rank 2 planes and maybe a rank 3 or so occasionally... better to have a lineup of high BR rank 1's and low BR rank 2 two and so on.

This MM makes it easier for folks to fly NEW planes as they move up and unlock them instead of having to wait to unlock and buy a whole a lineup of the next rank...

Hope that HELPS...It is ALL about the Battle RANK now, not soo much the plane ERA rank/group
    That is very true of arcade, but in realistic where their is a smaller pool of players. It tends to rely on player proficiency more so than BR of planes to match up with. This is due I believe a lot more due to the lack of players in queue though for it to sort thru.

Remember that one time at Band Camp? Aviation21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This is the official post from Gaijin about Match Making: http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...making-in-137/

From the forum post:
    "What does the plane’s rank affect? It guarantees that in random battles a player will not meet aircraft that is more than 1 rank different than the chosen plane in SB and RB modes or the highest-ranked plane in Arcade mode line-up. Thus you can meet planes that are the same rank as you and seldom - planes that are one rank higher or lower. You will never meet a jet while flying rank 2 or 3 planes. Here is a simple illustration showing how the ranks system works."

Well, I have flown against jets while flying rank 3 planes and rank 4 planes while flying rank 2 therefore maybe it's my Battle efficiency however here is what it says about that:
    "Player’s Battle efficiency - this characteristic does not affect match-making greatly. It is just a small adjustment to the battle rating of the plane. The Player’s battle efficiency is calculated automatically depending on a pilot’s recent battle results."

I have proven that recent battle results can have an impact on the next game but for me I have to have a lot of really bad games in a row to draw a low tier game. I proved this when I was trying to finish the achievement where we had to kill 4 Japanese planes in RB with an American plane. Every time I loaded a game while flying an American plane and did not get a Japanese match I just quit out. I noticed after about 4 or 5 times of just leaving a game I started to get in games with much lower ranked planes even to the point where I was the only high rank plane flying a level above all others.

To be honest I have just gotten use to flying against 1 to 2 level planes above me and it's not that big of a deal anymore. I actually get shocked when I fly a plane and all the opponents are of the same level and it happens about 20% of the time.

For me Match Maker works really well some days and is just out of whack other days.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Cool, ya Aviation its not a big deal anymore now that i got 1 t2 plane. Thanks everyone for their input. Was just getting a little fed up with being in a biplane and getting strafe caught on fire/wing blown off/pilot knocked out =P.

Knee High to a Worms Ass RiseoN's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ya the system still needs some work, battle rank is more important that teir, pay attention to your BT and you will be matched accordinly