Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MrKrinkle

I am all for doing some WvW later on, it's one of my favorite things about the game. The down side of going on to a top tier WvW server like JQ or Black Gate is that the queues for WvW will span into the hours (meaning each WvW map only allows a certain number of people from each server, 100+ish, so you have to wait till a person leaves to take their spot). These guys take their WvW seriously and use up the server spots for guildies running certain builds. So unless we wanted to join one of these WvW guilds or try to build one that rivals one of these established ones, I dont think WvW on a top tier server is recommended. And i hear that these hardcore WvW servers have a seriously lacking PvE community. So if we were needing to fill a dungeon party with a pug for some reason, it might be difficult to find one since everyone is more interested in WvW. Just some things to consider.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Neurotrip's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You have a really good point there Krinkle. Maybe pick a middle of the road one? Or one with a decent PvE community? I feel the realm we pick is somewhat irrelevant as this will be a side thing for most

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Havoc104's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Point well made.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Romanion's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Those were the days.. When CD was first in WvW..

Sent from my RM-821_apac_singapore_295 using Tapatalk

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Kc2000's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'd refrain from transferring servers, to be perfectly honest. I'd love to do some PvE stuff (like leveling/grinding/questing) through guesting though.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Romanion's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Transferring servers is expensive

MrKrinkle

i agree, it is expensive. which is why i probably wont transfer. unless we have a good presence on a server. then i will consider it. until then i will remain on the server i am on. but regardless i will be more then happy to guest on other servers for pve and dungeons and such. the server i am on now (sorrows furnace) has a good dedicated WvW presence. That being said, it is not the most intense WvW presence. They are there to have fun first and for most. But they are still interesting in winning when ever possible. I am not saying transfer to my server (as you will see they are relatively low in the WvW rankings; bronze in third tier season [we probably could have won the tier, but thats another matter]) but like i said, it is not necessary to transfer unless we want to create a large WvW or PvP contingency. But regardless i really would like to play with you all and i hope it comes to fruition

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Fire_Eclipse's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

FiresEclipse.2047

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Havoc104's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So what decision have people come to? I'm all for relearning again, and I'm ok with a server that isn't ranked high in WvW, or that full giving us more slots to use.

I am going to be restarting a new character though, any thoughts on what to use?
    I think my last char. was a Thief.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Ty3sa's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

svava.4182
    Level 80 for each class and active WvW commander since release on Dragonbrand. Hmu if any of you still play!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12