After the very well organized and presented orientation ( thank you very much chrisix ) and listening to last months general meeting both stressed the importance/requirement to be on Vent if you are in game. I agree and am used to using Teamspeak whenever I'm simracing, it's an important communication tool and makes the entire online gaming experience more enjoyable for everyone. I have a unique situation that I would like some input/advice on.

I have 3 gaming rigs in my house, my simracing rig and main flying rig is in my den and being on Vent when using these is no problem. I also have a smaller gaming rig with a swing in table next to my comfy chair in the family room. Through our 28 years of marriage my wife and I always watch 1 or 2 movies together after dinner. We discuss the day's events, she does stuff on her laptop and I often play games on my comfy chair rig. So here's the problem, I use one sided headphones so I can hear game sounds and still listen to the movie and talk with my wife. I have a keyboard and use typed game chat for in game communication. However, there is no way for me to have the microphone active and talk on Vent during this time. Trust me it would piss her off and I want to make it to 29 years married alive

So my question is what should I do? The best solution I can come up with is to go on Vent and mute the microphone. I could hear what's going on, but only communicate through typed chat. However, unlike Teamspeak, there doesn't seem to be any visible indicator that a persons mic is muted. It's likely to confuse people at first but eventually people will know that if I'm on between the hours of 7:00 and 10:30PM Pacific time that my mic is muted and I can hear, but can only respond with text.

I'm looking for feedback/comments/suggestions/official ruling from officers or anyone on how I should handle "Vent during movie time"

Thx a zillion